cut throat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
sam_acw said:
can someone tell me, in a pretty idiot proof way, how to look after safety razor blades -
srb-blades.jpg

These things.
I can't see how to hold the blade in a way to get the edge on something at a fine angle let alone what the best thing to put it on would be.
So far the blades are ok when new but aren't as sharp as new very quickly.
Thanks peeps.

Years ago, short on money, I used the same couple of blades for about a year. Before shaving every day, I would strop the blade on my forearm 50 times. Seemed to sharpen up the blade enough to shave.

PG

I've been trying holding the blade inside a folded piece of cardboard and very lightly stropping on newspaper at high angle and that seems to work to restore edges.
I think the record on a single blade is 15 years by someone using one of those stropping contraptions.

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
Minotaur said:
I would pay to never have to shave again, but would the razor companies want me to?

You could have your facial hair permanently removed by electrolysis. I think it costs £100 per sq inch, but may take several years of repeated and regular treatment. Personally, I get out of shaving by having a beard.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE