Cut resistant tape can you get it in the UK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Sorry, don't know, but multiple layers of masking tape does a good job of protecting you from the blade and the finish from you, while you shape the handle. They only time I have had a problem is when I have slipped with the file and banged the edge of the blade. The answer then would either be more tape, or bending and taping some thin metal over the edge in the damage prone area.

Cut resistant tape seems like overkill to me.

As for covering the blade when carving...why? I don't understand why you would want to:confused:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Perhaps e-mail the Company, or use their Ask-A-Question Form to see if they supply outlets in the UK, or ask if you could purchase a single roll as a 'sample'.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Sorry I meant to protect thumb or finger ends, I've seen this stuff advertised to protect you fingers while using a craft knife and ruler or similar so thought it might be worth trying:confused:

Richard

I might suggest that a safe carving technique would be better protection in the long run. People who use craft knives are less likely to know about safe "general knife" useage and therefore be at greater risk of injury.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I might suggest that a safe carving technique would be better protection in the long run. People who use craft knives are less likely to know about safe "general knife" useage and therefore be at greater risk of injury.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Sorry I beg to differ, Just because someone uses craft knives does not mean they have any lesser knowledge of "general knife" usage, most of my so called craft knifes are made by Swann-Morton commonly known as scalpels and believe you me the don't take prisoners:eek: All of my carving knives are Frost Mora and my chisels are Marple's.

I have a very good knowledge of working with sharp tools and carving from an early age as my Father is a Carpenter and I grew up in his wood work shop. Not to mention my Engineering back ground.

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE