Custom Bowie knife

kalervo69

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 14, 2010
sweden
I started this Bowie knife a week ago and maan it was tricky and lots of work to do the blade and handle.
d-17.jpg

I did the handle from nice reindeer antler,brass, silver. The finger guard is brass and in the endcap I did some filework. It didnt show up so well in the pics.The blade i did fron carbon steel.
h-8.jpg

f-14.jpg

s-27.jpg

g-9.jpg

After I worked with the knife for a long time I noticed hmmm.... I think I shaped the knife to well and the knife ended up in this size lol.. Now its next tricky thing to do and that's the sheath to it. What do you think??
/Kimmo Lilja
a-30.jpg

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
thats a really nice knife! tiny too lol! deserves a nice leather sheath... was the blade steel 01?
are you planning to sell it?

kalervo69

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 14, 2010
sweden
Hmm... A lot of work with it.. I decide when sheath is ready for it. I f you want I can let you know the price then.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
:lmao:....I like an' hoard bowies.......an' thought...oooo...that's cool......till the last pic......now I think it's fantastic!...a mini bowie!.....yer gonna have some competition on here when ye get around t' sellin' it fella....goodjob

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
Yes I know. I have a wife and she is hard against me sometimes lol.

haha yea except its my mum getting tired of having to buy them (im not legally allowed to... :rolleyes: only 15...) and the guys at work (where stuff gets delivered to) are getting a bit worried lol!

if the price is low enough for it to seem like im buying something else i might get away with it but of course because its such a nice knife i dont think its going to be anywhere near 'under the radar' sort of prices, even for just the knife and no sheath.

are you planning to do any more of these? i reckon with your skill of making them you could get a fair bit of money from them...

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
yea....i was only joking in those last posts... its awful... send it to me and i will dispose of it for you... of course i charge a small fee...;);):lmao::D:D:D

kidding of course its great and i cant wait to see how you will make a sheath for it... what will it attach to? it seems a bit small for a belt lol!

F

ferretfeller

that would make a very decnt knife for a younger bush crafter, something that mabey you could buy for your son, and that will still be in good nick by the time he has a son, i recon you should start making them to sell, mate you have talent!

kalervo69

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 14, 2010
sweden
Hi and thank's for your nice comment's.
I think it's gona be a sheath to hang in chain or mybe a leather band round the neck.
I have some ideas to do this miniature knives in dfferent modells. Maybe of the most famous knife models to do acollection.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE