Cumbria/SW Scotland Meetup

• Thread starter Deleted member 4605
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted member 4605

Nothing organised yet, but I thought I'd gauge possible interesting in a Cumbria and/or South West Scotland meetup.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Why don't you try Dalston Hall, just outside of Carlisle. They have beautiful grounds and I'm sure they allow controlled camp fires.

Obviously you will have to check first.

D

Deleted member 4605

Wayland said:
Sounds like the type of thing I'd be interested in...... :D
Toddy said:
And it's not so far that the Scots can't come down too :)

I figured there wouldn't be enough Cumbrian BCUK'ers, so you'd be more than welcome!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Greg said:
Why don't you try Dalston Hall, just outside of Carlisle. They have beautiful grounds and I'm sure they allow controlled camp fires.

Obviously you will have to check first.

I have never poached pheasants from Dalston Hall woods when I was a teenager at all.

Never lamped rabbits just by the railway line (theres a golf course there now) either :)

Dunno bout camping there but I might nip over one day if its on a weekend as its only a few miles from where I live now.

D

Deleted member 4605

demographic said:
Dunno bout camping there but I might nip over one day if its on a weekend as its only a few miles from where I live now.

If you're that close, hopefully you'll come to the meet (where ever it is).

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
demographic said:
I have never poached pheasants from Dalston Hall woods when I was a teenager at all.

Never lamped rabbits just by the railway line (theres a golf course there now) either :)

I used to go to school just a few miles down the road! I never did any of that stuff either:lmao:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Greg said:
Lime House.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I was one of the Proletariat that went to Caldew...
One of my sisters worked as the school nurse at limehouse for a while till that wooley featured numpty Brotherton got on her nerves too much and she jacked it in:)

Small world isn't it.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
demographic said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I was one of the Proletariat that went to Caldew...
One of my sisters worked as the school nurse at limehouse for a while till that wooley featured numpty Brotherton got on her nerves too much and she jacked it in:)

Small world isn't it.

When did she work there? I was there '83 - '90.

D

Deleted member 4605

MagiKelly said:
Interested but depends on dates for me.

To be honest I have no idea when this will be, I'm just gauging interest prioring organising one.

MagiKelly said:
This year I seem to have very few weekends free but there are still a couple not spoken for.

I'm the same - any weekends not taken up with Scouting are booked for family-type things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE