Crusader Cup Lids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I think Ive waited long enough now

seamonkey
WilliamEd

your out of luck your lids have been rehomed :eek:

Just as well these were not ones you had sent in advance. Did you get paid for all the ones you posted before receiving payment?

[aside} This may seem cheeky but I know Russell generally posted these as soon as he had an address, not as soon as he had payment and I would hope that such an act of trust had not been abused.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
yeah I got paid in advance before i sent the lids this time as a few payments didn't arrive last time :)

Yeah every deal went well :)

And the two lids were on reserves lists anyway :)

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Here's a pic of mine taken today.

DSC_0035.jpg

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Sorry Russ,
I forgot!!!
A great idea, well made, fits like a glove (well more like a well fitting pot lid i suppose but you get the idea)
P5250205.jpg

:You_Rock_

Many thanks
Louis

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Excellent thanks for the pictures folks :D
It folks would like to post a few more pictures of them in use it would be nice to see more of them being used :rolleyes:

Sorry folks im not planning on making any more till December time maybe ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay you asked Russ

Lid1.jpg

One of you lids in use with the US forces - guy I know over there uses a Crusader so I offered him one of mine

Needless to say he was delighted with it!

I must say the construction is very robust! I already tried it directly over the coals of a fire (sorry, no pictures), and it works great. A big plus over coals is that the lid isn’t so tight fitting that you can’t lift it off with a small hooked-branch to see if it’s boiling. Another great feature is the small handle on the top; it’s nice and tight, so once you put it in the up position, it stays put!

He gets about it so you may get piccs from some "interesting" locations :D

Red

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Sorry if I got things confused about whether or not they were freebies. :eek: :eek: :eek: I guess you'll let us have the paypal (or other) details in due course. They sound excellent value - as I think people have said before, you really should patent these before someone copies them.

Geoff :)

I've already made a few LOL Both for the crusader and the US army G10 :D

bob_the_bomb

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2008
Cambodia
Hello

First of all hi from a new member....my dad made me one of these back when I first joined the Army (way back in 81 (yes, I know pull up a sandbag etc...!)). The smart advice then was to ditch the 58 pattern mug and use a metal US one as it meant you could do without mess tins and save weight etc. Was also big enough (just) to fry one egg or 2 slices of bacon grill... Unfortunately this antique (the lid not me) doesnt quite fit on the Crusader and I have avoided the BCB placcie thing so far for all the reasons stated on here. Currently I am using a small frying pan as the lid but its a bit on the big side still. I am working in Cambodia at the moment so will try to get one made up here, but if not would be delighted to get added onto the bottom of the list, £10 seems very reasonable for me if its still a goer...

Dec 16, 2007
Sorry I have just come over this thread (clean it up later ;-) ) I think this is a great bit of kit and is just what I need for my 2 mugs (1 in belt kit 1 in bergen kit) can you put me down for 2 when you make some more in december please oh great lid maker you are.

Thanks
Swampy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE