Crusader Cooking Unit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i tried it out last night,
i filled the little cup area with meths and it certainly boiled the water.

hot enough for a drink but not for food i reckon. with gel or hexi blocks you can add more to increase the temp!

another use, put a tea light candle in you could warm food (without cooking), or prehaps as a candle holder for shelter? you could line it with foil to reflect the light.

with in minutes of buying it my son wanted to see it, and then proceeded to use it as a crisp/sandwich holder in the car! :eek:): :roll:

thing to remember is that even though it has a handle, when in use the whole thing gets hot and cannot be handled for a while.
this could be an issue if given to soldiers as with the old hexi there was an option to just chuck it away in close contact with enemy. i fear the Sgt. won't want you throw this cooker away! :drillserg :errrr:

i love it! :super:

i now need to get the matching non stick cup! :yup:

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I dont know when it will be issued if at all this kind of thing takes for ever with the MOD

yes the cooker, metal mug and canteen all fit together inside the pouch

mercury said:
Here's a question, when will it be issued to squaddies :roll:

Also how does it fit in a 95 pouch ? is it cooker - bottle - cup ?

quiggers

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2004
East Stratton
I know I'm a bit late on this thread - but can the teflon crusader mugs safely be used on/in a campfire like you can with the old steel ones ?

Cheers...

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I used it extensively at the weekend. I found that with two sachets of greenheat there was enough heat over a long enough time to heat up 2 bag meals (Chicken and mushroom pasta, and treacle pudding - my faves) simultaniously. whilst the water never quite came to the boil, it was hot enough to make a brew with, to go with the meal.

However, the handle/grate on my cooker is a little wonky, and isn't quite flat, so the filled mug slopes noticebly. If it wasn't on a flat surface I'd be a little worried about stability.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Womble said:
I used it extensively at the weekend. I found that with two sachets of greenheat there was enough heat over a long enough time to heat up 2 bag meals (Chicken and mushroom pasta, and treacle pudding - my faves) simultaniously. whilst the water never quite came to the boil, it was hot enough to make a brew with, to go with the meal.

However, the handle/grate on my cooker is a little wonky, and isn't quite flat, so the filled mug slopes noticebly. If it wasn't on a flat surface I'd be a little worried about stability.

Has anyone else found this?

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Yep ... same problem on mine ... but nothing a little bending can't fix!

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
quiggers said:
I know I'm a bit late on this thread - but can the teflon crusader mugs safely be used on/in a campfire like you can with the old steel ones ?

Cheers...
i've used mine stuffed in the embers of fires, it does obviously singe the outside a little nothing worth worrying about though, inside stays perfect which is the bit your interested in :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE