Crusader Cooking Unit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
TheViking said:
Just a little correction: it's an MP5-SD... :wink: :biggthump
I didn't want to let on ... in case someone asks to borrow mine! :naughty: :rolmao:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
BCB has no distrubutors or retail outlets in holand ? i have bought many things from BCB in dutch store's, so that sounds a bit weird to me !

Found it quite odd myself ... Bought some stuff by BCB at Dump 2000, and if I'm correct Bever should have some nice little thingies too ...
Doesn't matter if it's available or not in Holland: will order it online anyway :eek:):

maybe you should look wheather gellert sells them, gellert sells a lot of things with just a gellert sticker sticked over the BCB logo.

Thanks for the tip mate!!! :biggthump
Where can I find Gellert? Is it in Delft?
Always having a good time when I visite outdoorshops :naughty:

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
no, gellert is a brand name sold everywhere ! primairly in smaller or surplus kind of store's.

Delft is a bad place to buy outdoor stuff, only one store: Crew.
The hague has a nice sellection, Bever sport and 2 outlet bevers ( ! ), track & trail, adventure store ( same a the crew in delft and rotterdam ) and perry sometimes has good thing for a good price. Also 2 surplus store's in the centre of the hague.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:eek:): :super: :eek:): :super: :eek:): :super:

just bought my crusader cup cooker/stand from "home guard"(thrapston), sorry guys i bought the last one in the shop! :roll: :nana:

i've had time to look at it and it really is top quality, and the teflon finish is perfect! i'm looking forward to christening it! :cup: :thumbs_up

second opinion, it doers indeed fit well in the PlCE waterbottle pouch with the 58 plastic mug ontop aswell!

i already can see it has the potential to rattle a little, so a big rubber band is round it and the crusader cup to stop movement.

i'll tell you how i get on with it.......

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Stuart said:
I've just found this on the BCB site:

sf_home.jpg

guess who this is :naughty:

Probably same as this guy :rolmao: :p

92643.jpg

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Thanks Bushblade :eek:T:

whats the world coming to when a man can't walk around in fire retardent underware with out being photographed

your right though the man behind the mask is me

the crusader cooking unit is quite good, if you have any questions about it let me know

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I suppose the army will get it once the quality issues are resolved.

Carriage - the stove fits on the bottom of the mug and the whole thing slides inside the waterbottle pouch together.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
The fuel tank on the stove is a small cup which will take approx 14ml of gel fuel or a hexi block - ie enough to boil a brew. (I think it is 14 ml but dont quote me)

Martyn, I am sure you could covert it to burn on a trangia of anything else - we all now how you like to tinker! :shock: :nana:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Again dont quote me but that is what I have heard - maybe Stuart could shed more light on this one.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
sounds like a trangia would be too tall for it. Not enough clearance - not much you can do about that.

On the subject of tinkering Gary, wait till you see my latest project - based around a 12cm zebra billy - you'll love it. ;)

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Gary said:
Both me, and Nasa, await its unvieling with baited breath mate! :You_Rock_

Well I doubt NASA will be impressed, though I did think of trying a portable acetylene burner which would put the afterburners of a Saturn V to shame, but the tanks just added too much weight. Though I would imagine escape velocity entirely possible - does bangers a treat too. :naughty:

No, I'm afraid this is decidely low-tech, which is why I think you might like it better than NASA. :wink:

A little more drilling and a lick of paint and she should be done. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE