Crown Estate Beaches in Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
Bit of a niche subject to talk about but I was surprised by this as it came up on a google recommendation search but seeing as this is my local beach and it used to be the beach for the Summer Bushmoot at Candelston down from the dunes, I didnt realise that Newton beach was owned by the Crown Estate. If anything I thought Southerdown and Dunraven Park to the east of Ogmore by Sea were part of the estate but they are owned by the Council. And all of the Pembrokeshire Coast path of course is owned by Crown.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaraR

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I think the Crown, The Duchy of Cornwall and The Duchy of Lancaster own the land between high and low tide marks on most of the Coastline, this doesn't mean you have the right to access via private land, but you are free to walk along the beach itself on Crown Land, unless there are restrictions in place, such as Military Firing ranges etc. you are also permitted to go metal detecting on a beach without formal permission, this is on the beach that is between the high and low water mark.

Souledman

Nov 14, 2020
Glasgow
Bit of a niche subject to talk about but I was surprised by this as it came up on a google recommendation search but seeing as this is my local beach and it used to be the beach for the Summer Bushmoot at Candelston down from the dunes, I didnt realise that Newton beach was owned by the Crown Estate. If anything I thought Southerdown and Dunraven Park to the east of Ogmore by Sea were part of the estate but they are owned by the Council. And all of the Pembrokeshire Coast path of course is owned by Crown.

All of the Crown Estate Assets are mapped:

For England and Wales here:

For Scotland

Reactions: StevieE and SaraR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE