Sold Crosman 1377 American Classic air pistol.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fielder1963

Aug 29, 2013
Shropshire
For sale, Crosman 1377 American Classic air pistol. .177. Powerful and accurate. Very lightly used.
I can supply pictures by Whatsapp, Viber, Messenger or email.
These are approx £100 new. Asking £65.ono.
Over 18 s only. Location - North Shropshire.

Last edited:
Reactions: moocher

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I don't want to be rude in hijacking the thread, but wild camper is correct, you cannot send any fire arm as classified by uk law in the post, only by registered carrier to an authorised registered firearm dealer or face to face and persons must be, on both sides of the transaction over 18 years of age.

Your air pistol is a firearm and therefore is subject to these restrictions.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I don't want to be rude in hijacking the thread, but wild camper is correct, you cannot send any fire arm as classified by uk law in the post, only by registered carrier to an authorised registered firearm dealer or face to face and persons must be, on both sides of the transaction over 18 years of age.

Your air pistol is a firearm and therefore is subject to these restrictions.

Yes, you can. Ridiculous scaremongering isn't helping. An air pistol or rifle below the legal limit isn't classed as a firearm either.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/1

From the Royal Mail website section on restricted items.

IMG_0163.png

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Yes, you can. Ridiculous scaremongering isn't helping. An air pistol or rifle below the legal limit isn't classed as a firearm either.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/1

From the Royal Mail website section on restricted items.

IMG_0163.png

I think the legality is with the sale rather than the postal situation, the sale has to be made face to face, but there's a loophole whereby a registered dealer can act as a proxy. So I can sell you an air rifle online, but I can't post it to you directly, I could post it to your local gun shop and you could collect it from there though. At least that's how I understand it, im sure there's someone here who has a definitive answer.

jever

Apr 9, 2016
England
I think the legality is with the sale rather than the postal situation, the sale has to be made face to face, but there's a loophole whereby a registered dealer can act as a proxy. So I can sell you an air rifle online, but I can't post it to you directly, I could post it to your local gun shop and you could collect it from there though. At least that's how I understand it, im sure there's someone here who has a definitive answer.

The law is that a dealer or business cannot post, and has to make the sale face to face.
But private individuals are free to sell air rifles and pistols (sub 12ftlbs and 6 ft lbs respectively) via post.
Funnily enough the law doesn't prevent buying from businesses outside the UK but inside the EU, so you cannot have a air rifle delivered from the next town to your house, but from Poland or Germany you can order and have as many delivered as you wish. It's another silly law that doesn't prevent crime and just kills business and makes products more expensive for the normal bloke

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Sir the law is an a$$, (Charles Dickens).
(darned swear filter is prejudiced against the decedents of Equus africanus asinus..:deadhorse:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nice65

mulletman6

Aug 22, 2013
Maidstone
Yup, perfectly legal to send in the post. As long as you tell the post office worker what it is and do not include any CO2 then it’s fine - I’ve recently posted two pistols without problems

Reactions: jever

lupus solus

Jul 13, 2017
Hatfield
Would have been better if people who weren't absolutely sure of the legalities didn' post with such certainty. I have posted many pistols as a private individual. Just ensure you tell them what you are posting as they can seize abd send to police if yo don't. You probably won't see it again after that.

Phil B

Settler
Jan 28, 2006
Beverley, Yorkshire.
I do know that air rifles MUST be declared and only posted via Parcel Force 48. I looked into it as I post a few. It’s the law, they were made to do it as the PO wanted to stop ANY posting method.

Bless them for keeping us safer.

It’s worth checking if this applies to pistols too, I don’t know.

samobaggins

On a new journey
Mar 26, 2014
Bicester
For sale, Crosman 1377 American Classic air pistol. .177. Powerful and accurate. Very lightly used.
I can supply pictures by Whatsapp, Viber, Messenger or email.
These are approx £100 new. Asking £65.ono.
Over 18 s only. Location - North Shropshire.

Pm’d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I do know that air rifles MUST be declared and only posted via Parcel Force 48. I looked into it as I post a few. It’s the law, they were made to do it as the PO wanted to stop ANY posting method.

Bless them for keeping us safer.

It’s worth checking if this applies to pistols too, I don’t know.

Blow me down, here's another one!!! Separating low power air pistols and rifles! It's 6 ft/lb and 12 ft/lb for any air weapon that doesn't require a FAC. I'm astonished at the lack of actual knowledge and fact being shown here. I've posted it all above, with a pic of the relevant PO restrictions and a link to firearms legality. The Post Office worker is allowed to ask what is being posted, but must allow the PO rules to apply.

No disrespect to you Phil, none at all, but the lack of fact and casual posting from people that have the same google access as myself to the law just blows me away. If we're going to be involved in a forum with guns and knives, a bit more professionalism is required.

I'd write bigger if I had my crayons.:D

Reactions: beachlover

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE