Crook Knife Grip help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dynamite Dan

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 19, 2007
BlackBurn, Lancashire
Hi All,
thanks to this brilliant British weather, i've had my knife and crook knife for 4 days, and its been raining hard for 4 days. So i haven't had chance to go out and try them out.

Ive been holding my crook knife and cant seem to find a comfortable grip with it, its not even touched wood yet. so do you have any tips on how to hold a crook knife?

Edit:

here is a pic i took of a firm grip ive found, not too sure how it will work out but it seems comfy and you can put a lot of power into the blade edge by rotating your wrist in the direction shown. It just seems better to hold it that way rather than the conventional forehand grip.

crook%20knife%20grip.jpg

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
until you are using it on some wood and making something you wont find the right grip just get a piece of wood and make a spoon and you will soon find what suits you

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
When using let the wood tell you how to carve it, sounds daft but when you use the crook knife it will become clear the wood will cut better in some dirrections tan others and it differs all the time. Be carefull as not to try to take off too much wood in one go because they have a tendancy to catch your hand or fingers. Good luck and keep everyone posted as to your success

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE