Crocs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Crocs, Love Em or Hate Em

• Love Em

Votes: 143 43.3%
  • Hate Em

Votes: 187 56.7%

• Total voters
T

TobyB

Hate to sound a kill joy but anyone who values the envornment should avoid these like the plague. These sodding things are gonna take up one helluva lot of landfill - and theyre not going to biodegrade and you cant recycle them (at least not easily). From an environnmental point of view theyre a nightmare.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hate to sound a kill joy but anyone who values the envornment should avoid these like the plague. These sodding things are gonna take up one helluva lot of landfill - and theyre not going to biodegrade and you cant recycle them (at least not easily). From an environnmental point of view theyre a nightmare.

Lot more things to worry about than a few crocs in a landfill I'd have thought, bit like saying don't buy a Frost's knife because the handle is plastic, don't use rat pack meal as the packets don't bio degrade, don't use para cord it don't bio degrade etc. How about passing a law banning baby nappies that don't bio degrade.

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France

You just wear them till they wear out completely and then rather than burying the whole thing you're just covering the planet in Croc-dust. Simples.

gregs656

Nov 14, 2009
West Sussex
Lot more things to worry about than a few crocs in a landfill I'd have thought, bit like saying don't buy a Frost's knife because the handle is plastic, don't use rat pack meal as the packets don't bio degrade, don't use para cord it don't bio degrade etc. How about passing a law banning baby nappies that don't bio degrade.

Indeed, the rubber soles on most boots are going to take a while.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I have no opinion on them and would wear them for Packrafting if I didn't have three pairs of Teva water sandals.

That apart, I think this is funny!
happy0054.gif

funny-pictures-cat-hates-your-shoes.jpg

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Indeed, the rubber soles on most boots are going to take a while.

Indeed - fancy owning an artificial ingredient like rubber that will never biodegrade:)

Re Crocs - brilliant piece of kit. True, I can't imagine they'd be very practical in the rain-forest, but then neither would a three-piece suit or a mink coat. Horses for courses, as it were.

Surprised at the number of fashionistas on here though (fashion rather than form - bit of a non-sequitur for bushcrafting, n'est-ce pas?) :)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I'm starting to warm to them,
I'm living in Saudi Arabia at the moment, they might be just the thing for wandering around the compound

Docherty

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2010
Dorset
If you're struggling to kick the croc habbit I'll happily cut your feet off for you - same goes for mandibles and people who want to give up marmite :D

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Well my twopence...great piece of kit for grubbing around the camp but extremely good for shallow river crossing. Less than half the weight of my Merrells, really don't notice them clipped to my pack.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that they are made from croslite which is neither plastic or rubber and highly anti microbial. Thumbs up.

PS. great for kids too as it saves taking several different types of shoe on holidays

caswcc

May 5, 2010
kent
my kids love em i've not tried wearing them but my feet don't get that hot... i imagine they r great for use around water... i see hundreds of people wearing them at boot fairs... is there some connection??? he he

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
I absolutely hate them
But I cannot deny the obvious benefits for some people.
You will rarely find a veterinary surgeon without them, getting blood and other dangerous fluids off them is easy...

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
O.k. Crocs aren't that popular! But have any of you tried/seen... Shimano-Evair-Sandals- I saw them in a fishing magazine, they look a lot better and are designed to be non-slip. Plus they come in Bushcrafty colours!!

'They look a lot better'....hmmmm....just checked them out...conjouring up images of plastic sandals worn in Colwyn Bay in the 1960's for me:D

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Bought a pair 3 yrs ago on the recommendation of a friend.
No regrets, whatsoever!
Ultimate doss-boots... all-day slippers, camp shoes par excellence, you wouldn't want to drive or walk far in them, but they're the DBs as occasional, ready-use shoes go.
Ace for checking out fords & fording streams and smaller rivers.
Will certainly replace current pair like with like.
Love 'em!

dozzer

Forager
Jun 24, 2010
dundee
when my girlfriend was giving birth in the op theater i had to wear a pink pair of crocs they gave me! would never wear a pair again lol

Dec 16, 2007
Me and the Domestic Sunray have a pair each for araound the house and when we go camping. Good to have in the bergan to wear after a tab in the jungle to let the feet dry and they are light weight.

It is a win win thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE