Croatia, Vic Ranger and Fox Compso

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hi all, hope you are going well.
This year we (me and my wife) spent our vacations in Croatia, a trip splitted in 3 differents spots (see map, numbers 1,2,3 in red). Well, all spots were awesome, Craotia is a beatiful country, with an amazing sea.

Anyway, before Croatia we had Slovenia, and in Slovenia may you resist at these mushrooms? Me, not at all! :)

On the road again, our RV

Villages...

...sea and lakes

The Neretva Valley's (seems the Eden Valley don't you?)

Our first spot on Peljesac peninsula

many vines here

some sea stars like models for me (of course after the pic they were on the sea again)

Hiking a bit, the Peljesac peninsula and Korcula island

View from our restaurant (Restaurant Ankora in Zuljiana)

Tortues are typical here, here whit my Vic Ranger, I used it for three weeks besides the Fox Compso

the Ranger it's always whit me

Funny moments whit our MTB

A spyder that I never see here in Italy, abdom is like 50 cents

This spot was joined the day after...

...whit our kayak

Dinner, finally...

Some guys using the last sun of the day

No lights on the MTB, so my Fenix P30D for the last 2 hours of the travel, good job Fenix

Here we are at Molunat, the southest village of Croazia

On the extreme southets point of Croatia, an Austian fortress looking at the Montenegro

Best live music here, really fine

Croatian ways are used by several bikers, I envy them

Some fruits and plants at Pag island

Wasp are here too, just 2 metres by the sea

Last pics...

Last friends...

Coming back home, through the town of Pag

I said the Fox Compso prototype was whit me, I want to try it before production

it was the only knife used for 3 weeks besides the Vic Ranger, of course the Compso worked many sandwiches, here with tuna fish and tomatoes

it was with me always, both under the sea (some wear spots at the end, but is not a scuba knife) and kayaking

Like a real "survival" knife :) he helped me fishing

Holothuria tubulosa, the internal part is a good meal for many fishes

you need to cut the extremities, than cut the Holothuria in two sections (be careful, the external skin is hard like wood but really slippery)

now, you need to scrap the internal part; the spear point of the Compso was really useful for it too

finally you will obtain this, has a good concistency and is easy to attach to the hook

my fishing set, done with a wood that I found on the rocks, the fishing kit that I have on my survival kit and a piece of paracord

I'm awful as a fisherman, anyway in 10 minutes I this is the results, it's not the best fish of the coast but it's edible

few minutes later, I took this crab, than I eated it, awesome

In summa the Compso was a good deal, is light but robust, the finger groove and the scallops were useful to handle it also if skeletonized, and hold and edge for long time. My congrats to Fox knives

and goodbye Croatia, see you soon

Alfredo

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I love Croatia!
I lead a couple of exped for young teens there - rafting, paddling, treking etc and found the country (despite the obvious remains of the conflict) and the people extrordinary and wonderful - paklencia national park especially :)
I would love to go back :)

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I have a good freind from croatia and have been there for a visit a few times, you are right it is a beautiful country and the food is amazing too . Me and my wife are planing a trip there next summer.
Amazing photos thanks for sharing

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
I miss Croatia - spent two weeks travelling the coast before heading to Zagreb via Bosnia and Herzegovina. A beautiful and tragic area of the world.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks for sharing Alfredo. That fox knife looks like something i could use, i'm after a knife to take canoeing with me.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE