Crisps!

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Talking crispily:- Enter Hamlet ( from the workshop, stage left )
To crisp, or not too crisp,- that is the question;-
Whether 'tis nobler in the start to suffer the makes and types of outrageous snacks,
Or to take spuds and flavour against a sea of corn based troubles,
And by frying, end them?- To fry, - to salt ‘n’ shake,-
No more; and by shake, to say we end
The heartache of a produce returned to earth
That a potato is heir to,- 'tis an abomination!

In response to the noodle thread ;-)
Well someone asked for one......

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
:) OK, seeing as I mentioned it, whats everyones favourite, bearing in mind that there must be a pack that the serious people take away for pure nourishment and not for the tatse... :):):)

My fave is cheese n onion Kettle chips..

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
For me, it has to be salt and vinegar kettle chips. they are exactly like the nice crispy bits you get at the bottom of a bag of chippy chips.

tyfy

Forager
Nov 4, 2006
Peebles, Scotland
it has to be salt and vinegar kettle chips.

Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar to give them their correct flavouring:D :D

Anyone tried the new Walkers flavours?

Cajun Squirrel!!

Maybe the Scottish Parliaments £1.3 Million plan to help the Red Squirrel is sponsored by Walkers

Me, Coat, Door :sulkoff:

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
There was a company based in Bradford who made the best crinkle cut ones - Seabrook seems to wring a bell. Their ready salted where the crunchiest and nicest I've ever tasted.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You lot are making me hungry :eek: and I'm trying to be good :sigh:
Sea salt and balsamic vinegar, but plain ready salted of any variety is hard to beat :cool: especially if crinkle cut.
I do like those mixed vegetable ones too though :) But what nutter thought of deep frying carrots and beetroots ??:confused: in the first place ??

cheers,
Toddy

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
..... But what nutter thought of deep frying carrots and beetroots ??:confused: in the first place ??

cheers,
Toddy

I don't know Mary but I will wager that the original idea came from North of the Border :)

tom

ps - Englishman moves to Dundee in 1997, gets drunk and buys a chippie grunting "pizza and chips" to the man in the chippe (thought it was odd that a chippie was selling pizza but hey thought "when in rome..."), got home, opened the chippie to find half a cheap pizza deep fried - DEEP FRIED PIZZA - :eek: I now know that this is the norm up here but I guarentee for those in Englandshire that this will be a revelation. :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Niknaks... the ones you can only get from South Africa. They are bigger than their British cousins and soooo cheesy. Full of all sorts of hideous chemicals but I love them!! :D
What? not the ones that cost next to nothing for a huge bag and stain your mouth orange while causing palpitations, minor halucinations and strange twitches?
Worth a visit to SA just for them and REAL Biltong alone....:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE