Crisps!

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Bacon Wheat Crunchies served with a good pint of cider.

Now, I'm aure we'd all agree that these kind of things are very important. And so, a few weeks ago, we (myself and a few friends) decided to do the definitive survey on what was The Best Bacon Flavoured Snack Product.
We had: Bacon Wheat Crunchies, Frazzles, Smiths Bacon Fries, Walkers Bacon Crisps (our 'control' product) and a budget brand of nuclear-coloured bacon snacks (I think it may have been a Bobby's brand).
We tested them over the following criteria: appearance, taste, texture and 'other'.
The results were as follows:
1 - Smiths Bacon Fries,
2 - The budget ones (a surprise, that)
3- Frazzles (the way they gunk up your teeth let them down)
4- Walkers bacon crisps
5 - Bacon Wheat Crunchies.

It was felt, very strongly, that the Wheat Crunchy left a fishy aftertaste. One person was adamant that Wheat Crunchies were by far the best but conceded that, when tasted alongside other bacony things, they were below standard.
Thorough. Very thorough.
This weekend we are doing peanuts. On the list we have: KP Large Peanuts, Nobby Nuts, Morrisons large peanuts (the control), Lidl tinned peanuts (my particular favourites) and another brand yet to be decided (suggestions greatly appreciated. The only caveat is that they must be widely available. No dry-roasted. No cashews. Plain salted peanuts only). Future tests will include cheese flavoured snack products.
Oh yes.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Do pork scratchings count ?

I`m quite partial to a bag of scampi fries, but the fave has to be pickled onion monster munch :D

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I love the smiths bacon fries but for some reason my head seems to classify them as pub snacks along with pork scratchings, peanuts (cant eat them due to allergy tho') and pickled eggs.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Frazzles for me are the best snack. Ready Salted and Cheese & Onion come a close second though. I've tried some of the new Walkers flavours.. Duck N Hoything sauce - yuck. Awful - infact I recommend you try it just to see how bad they really are. Squirrel ones are a bit like BBQ chicken. Onion Bhaji are very very average, bit like chillie but with less flavour. Builders Breakfast surprised me. Smells like tomato flavour, pop one in and I got fried egg at first followed by bacon flavour crisps.. couldn't get the sausage though... Next is Chocolate and Chillie.... ;)

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Sensations: Thai sweet chili.....nice big bags t' go wi' the garlic, sea salt an' black pepper humous....a vundabar dippin' sesh!.....washed down wi' a pint o' rum.

I'll get me coat...:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE