Create a health/weight loss/fitness thread for the new year?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brynglas

My January routine is a 10,000 kettlebell swing challenge, works out at around 300-350 kettle bell swings a day. Great cardio and strength workout that gets me ready for what is usually my first ski trip in February. It's much easier on the knees than running and I can get a useful workout in a relatively short period of time.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
c73b2bf99913ce3cde7f09de93872217.jpg

1800 swings done do far this year/ month so a way to go yet.

Last edited:

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
It's getting late for this too be counted as new year, you guys up for starting a thread now? I've already started trying to get some weight off and get fitter again and I'm sure that there's a few others as well :D
Just as soon as i finish this large tub of Celebrations i'm on it. :eek:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ha ha, good point Stevie, get them knocked back and then start :D

10,000 Kettlebell swings!! that's good going, i've never done it, I presume you approve of the exercise...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oi !
I'm a little fat lady these days, and I can still touch my toes. Can't see them unless I bend over right enough :rolleyes:

I'm trying Doc's eat a little less move a little more EALLMALM, and have quietly taken off over another half a stone since December.
Himself does the 5:2 thing to keep his (congenital) BP stable, and while I'm not for starving two days a week, I'll live on a lot less than usual on those days and see how it goes.

Exercise is a problem; my joints ache, I have R.A. and right now my shoulder feels like it's got some demented wee devil shoving a red hot pitchfork into it :sigh:

I think the 5:2 has potential :D

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE