crayfish

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
thomasturnbull said:
will not be long now before i start getting loads of singnals:beerchug:
I would like to seek out a few of these tasty morsels. Can you give us some tips on how you catch them? :)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
ady05 said:
looking forward to a weekend down there thomas few crays maybe some salmon & trout :D :D :D

Hope you have a licence to fish for Salmon & Trout then?

T

TimB

The riviers where I am (Kennet, Lambourne, Enbourne and Loddon) are teeming with Crays. I have pulled my trap before to find that its pretty much full of the blighters..

Very tasty when simply boiled for a few minutes with garlic and a bay leaf!

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
TimB said:
The riviers where I am (Kennet, Lambourne, Enbourne and Loddon) are teeming with Crays. I have pulled my trap before to find that its pretty much full of the blighters..

Hello tim i am from newbury and know some great places to get the blighters do you know newbury well :beerchug:

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
Although it was designed for minnows, crayfish have wandered into this trap. You can make a trap by cutting off the top of a liter soda bottle and turning the top in like the netted funnel shown. Tony
375c4e44.jpg

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
hi easy way to made a tramp is using two plastic bottle.
cut cone from both and take one of then into the other fix them using staples and make some holes in the botton of this bottle/tramp so water stream can flow through.
it works I have tried ;-)

T

TimB

TimB said:

Yep, know it very well. I'm a true local (speak funny and everything!!)
The Kennet in particular is full of them... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE