Crafty Secret Santa 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Just collected mine from the parcelforce depot - not as easy as you might think , 1st find the parcelforce depot, which is advertised by a plain black and whit sign at the bottom of a big sign containing lots of businesses names then:
"Got any I.D.?"
"Yes"
"That's not the name the parcel is addressed to"
"I know, that's an online name"
"Mmh. Know where it came from?"
"Nope"
"Know who sent it?"
"Nope, it's a secret santa thing"
"Mmh"
"Mmh"
"Well you've got the card and know the full address and the packet weighs the correct amount(?), so I will just have to trust you"
"Ta"

Just have to wait until Christmas day now.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Had some slight problems on mine (read dog, leather and chew here :rolleyes::censored: ) so got to start again but hope to have it out before Christmas.

Nothing received yet here but plenty of time yet unless my gifter has used yodel :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just collected mine from the parcelforce depot - not as easy as you might think , 1st find the parcelforce depot, which is advertised by a plain black and whit sign at the bottom of a big sign containing lots of businesses names then:
"Got any I.D.?"
"Yes"
"That's not the name the parcel is addressed to"
"I know, that's an online name"
"Mmh. Know where it came from?"
"Nope"
"Know who sent it?"
"Nope, it's a secret santa thing"
"Mmh"
"Mmh"
"Well you've got the card and know the full address and the packet weighs the correct amount(?), so I will just have to trust you"
"Ta"

Just have to wait until Christmas day now.

I had precisely the same problem with mine one year and they still refused to let me have it because I couldn't provide proof I was Mesquite but my address was correct etc.

Was about to walk out and let it be returned to the sender when one of the other staff members said to Mr Jobsworth why aren't you offering to re-deliver it to the address? Sheepish jobsworth then did so and I was able to be in when it was delivered the next day.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I once had fun trying to visit an online friend in hospital; Fortunately the hospital had become accustomed to various people walking in and asking where they could find Orinoco.

Jun 29, 2014
Sheffield
b903845a1c6740954a30351bc2313bc8.jpg

This is my first post and didn't want to start a new thread. I was challenged to make a bushcraft Xmas decoration. This is what I came up with.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I had a box arrive today that I assume is my secret santa. I say assume, because it is in a shoe box and I haven't knowingly bought a pair of black size 4 shoes from Dorothy Perkins! :lmao:

Why not? Nothing wrong with a nice all-terrain slingback from Dotty P :)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Got mine on the weekend - thanks who ever you are. Good job it was christmas wrapped inside as I completely forgot about getting a secret santa and I was trying to remember what I've been buying and had to open it to see what was inside!

Mines nearly finished so it'll be going sometime in the next couple of days...

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Braved the post office. Silly thing to do in Central London. Arrived, took my ticket, only 87 people in front of me. Started queuing up in the self service (which went round the room a few times. Suddenly a woman approached the guy behind me and dropped off her ticket (literally one or two away from where the numbers were being called!). So being in full capitalist mode, I offered to pay for his letter to be sent with my parcel, so all in all cost quite a bit more as he was doing super d00per special delivery, but worth it not to spend two hours queuing. Why do they have 12 desks but only 4 open at lunchtime in central London I don't understand really... Especially when taking parcels! Surely that's the lifeblood of their industry.

Would have sent it by other couriers, but don't trust them this close to Christmas especially since I've had a few Yodels go completely AWOL.

Don't seem to have a tracking number, not sure I should go back in there, I'll probably get lynched for queue jumping. Ho Humm. Not received anything my end, dreading having to go to the sorting office as they've just closed the local one and moved it to the local Town.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I offered to pay for his letter to be sent with my parcel, so all in all cost quite a bit more as he was doing super d00per special delivery

Of course he was! he will get a call from his nan tomorrow asking why he sent her Christmas card special delivery before 9am with additional value insurance, hand delivered by the queen herself.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Of course he was! he will get a call from his nan tomorrow asking why he sent her Christmas card special delivery before 9am with additional value insurance, hand delivered by the queen herself.

Still, I get paid more than the cost of a single letter via post by being at work so everyone wins :)

Including the queen.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Having issues with drying time. Hope to have my parcel in the post in the next day or so.

A parcel arrived, fortunately it said crafty secret santa on the outside, else I would have opened it.

J

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Package sent :) daft bat behind the counter said we don't do tracking but gave me my recorded delivery barcoded receipt, some people should'nt be working where mail and packages are concerned.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE