crafting with mans best friend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I was out today with the dog to gather some nettles for cordage and take pictures of the elder tree i took berries from. Anyway we sat down for a wee rest and i got a cracking picture of the wee guy.

Just wondering who else takes the dog along with you?

100_0028.jpg

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
yep , sharing it with someone who dont chatter back is great,..

i,m digging the camo leash too mate

rgds

Stu

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
I take my mutt as often as possible, I've even bought another canoe just so she can have some more room :)

She's 2 1/2 now and loves being out, here's a pic at Loch Sween a couple of weeks ago....
P1010758.jpg

On camp guard duty at Loch Ard.....
P1010478.jpg

Her favourite canoeing position :)
P1010562.jpg

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Love those Pics Stuart, she is beautiful! I have a Lab bitch myself, getting on now at 11 1/2yrs and her hips are shot and a few other bits wrong now (heartbreaker!) but spirit is still willing and she still looks like a young dog but has been an amazing companion and special friend. I am hugely biased but the Labrador is a great dog! For her entire life she has been with me at work and play, camping, fishing and she did earn her keep too
I also have a ESS bitch we kinda rescued 2 yrs ago, she is lovely too, thick but lovely! she was four when we got her and had it rough. She still works even when you don't wish her to bringing us various critters back on my bimbles in the woods
Here are my two;
cuba2007012.jpg

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
To be fair they are both trained and are very receptive, I forget but it was probably a sit and stay command and dummy/ball about to be hoyed!!;)

Not the best pic but does probably shows their characters the best
(the Lab is about 11 in that pic)

I have applied to emmigrate..........if I hadn't I would get another NOW to ease the pain of her getting old!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Great shots guys. Here's my bushcraft mutt, Solo (named after Napoleon, not Han). He's a breed known as a 'bent out of shape mongrel', and he isn't as young as he thinks he is, but he's a great companion, and my personal trailfinder (which means I can blame him when we get lost, and he never complains about getting the blame :D).

5027087984_96e3fa34e5.jpg

This is my favourite shot of him, taken up on the Mynydd Garnclochdy early this year.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
great dogs all..........

enjoy them..... i thought when the time came to our dog passing on i would be fine...... you know me being a big rough squaddie and that, nahhhh..... cried my eyes out all day and still do from time to time...... that was 5 months ish ago.........

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Feel your pain Lannyman, no shame in that either!

I saw this some time ago and it seemed very apt:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Also try this, lock your wife and your dog in a room for 24hrs and after just see which one is pleased to see you!:p

great dogs all..........

enjoy them..... i thought when the time came to our dog passing on i would be fine...... you know me being a big rough squaddie and that, nahhhh..... cried my eyes out all day and still do from time to time...... that was 5 months ish ago.........

Feel for you buddy really do we lost one of our dogs of 14 years 6 months ago.

p.s gorgeous big dog!!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
he is our big lad called Bosten and is around 70kg and 16 months old...... he is a great dane if you dont know...... loves his cuddles and is soft as out and most definatley is the wifes dog he misses her most of all......

mind you i would not mess with him of a night time .....lol.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE