"Craft" It On.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
Not really sure about where to put this, the craft section seemed fittest.

We've heard of the "Gift it on thread", how about a simular thread for things that people on this forum have made themselves? :)

The idea would be the same where a member puts forward an item and the first person to reply saying they want it, gets it! In return for them putting forward another item. Sound fun?

I will upload what the first item is soon. In the mean time, feel free to add suggestions for the rules of this little "homemade swapshop."

All items have to be made by the member who is submitting it. I feel this will give this thread a nice "Homemade" touch. ;)

As these are homemade items and may take some time to make, a user can "take" an item on offer whilst promising to make there's. This might speed things up a little.
A maximum string of 5 trades going on at once, otherwise things will get VERY confusing.

Thankyou.

Last edited:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Stop thief!! :cop:

:lmao: sorry mate, I just couldn't resist!
ashamed053611282jy0.gif
- sounds a great idea and I'll probably join in if I get a chance

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Sounds like lots of fun.
I have already thought of something to post.
Cheers , Simon.
PS I'd suggest the same rules as the GIO thread with the addition that the item offered must be the work of the member posting.
The GIO rules seem to work fine.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
This could be fun! Only prob is there may be times when thread gets a delay whilst someone 'crafts' the next gift. But, can see it working well, got my item thought out, time to get making....

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Not sure how well this will work, there are even delays on gio, and this is far more limited. Lots of people just offer crafted stuff on gio. But if it works, you will be probably be seeing me around at some point.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
removed post as none took the hobo line, so was going to turn another more improved one to try get the thread going. pic to be posted soon.

happy to still do, just wanted in improve my offer

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
YO! just a suggestion, as the items are hand made and could take some time to make you could almost run this as an order book, so you would say:

peep1. I'll make this kuksa, it will take approx this long.
peep2. i would like that. I will make this fully functioning light sabre. it will take approx this long.
peep3. I would like a light sabre, I will make a nano bot. it will take approx this long.
peep4. I woul............you get what I mean.

as the person making is only dealing with the person wanting it shouldn't get too confusing. what do you reckon HG?
or should i go and get back in my box?

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
YO! just a suggestion, as the items are hand made and could take some time to make you could almost run this as an order book, so you would say:

peep1. I'll make this kuksa, it will take approx this long.
peep2. i would like that. I will make this fully functioning light sabre. it will take approx this long.
peep3. I would like a light sabre, I will make a nano bot. it will take approx this long.
peep4. I woul............you get what I mean.

as the person making is only dealing with the person wanting it shouldn't get too confusing. what do you reckon HG?
or should i go and get back in my box?

Very good idea! But I would suggest a maximum of five things going on at once (to make things less confusing) And also reply with quotes to reduce the amount of confusion.

Thanks for that, marvelous idea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE