Craeg's Canvas Possibles Bag

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hi all

I made this for Kawasemi who wanted a bag like my Medieval style possibles bag but in canvas. I have made quite a few items in canvas and went ahead using 15oz waterproof/rotproof canvas.

Kawasemi provided some lovely antler buttons and a great quality 2in cotton olive webbing strap. He wanted it as a single large compartment, it's about 12in x 13in in size and he wanted the strap fixed rather than adjustable.

All the main stitching was undertaken with my 1950's Singer industrial sewing machine with triple stitching throughout for strength with Barbour superstrong corespun polycotton. This fantastic old machine sewed with ease through 9 layers of heavy canvas, leather and webbing strap :yikes:

The strap ends are covered in leather for strength and to stop fraying. I made a nice little maker's-mark badge for detail and this and the antler buttons were hand stitched with artificial rawhide.

SAM_1737768x1024.jpg

SAM_17411024x768.jpg

Any comments appreciated and welcome :)

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Craeg my friend, that is an absolute corker - just what I was after. I can't wait to get it out and about this weekend and will report back on here.

:You_Rock_

kawasemi

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
The bag arrived yesterday and as always, Craeg's craftmanship is second to none. Very well put together and comfortable to carry.

'Testdrive' this weekend followed by a quick review.

kawasemi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE