cow parsley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
ive been reading about cow parslet recently, the book mention the herb useage of it, but considering the vast quantitys available in this country i was wondering if there was anything more substantial that can be done with it.
ie use of the root or treating it so it could be used as a green.
thanks for any help
cheers stiggy

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I remember my mum saying to me, when I was about 7, that I should never use it as a pea shooter, because it was poisonous.

Was she wrong? - Sort of implies the Just William childhood I enjoyed.:D

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Peashooters!!!!!!!!!! Though I suspect they might come under the legal definition that was used to outlaw blowpipes :rolleyes:
I never got poisioned in a whole childhood of using it. Could the caution come from the fact giant hogweed stems are sort of similar to a 7 year old's eyes?

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Or if you breathed in instead of blowing,:eek: still they were great.:)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I think I'm right in saying that it is quite similar in appearance to hemlock.

You wouldn't want a pea shooter made out of that :nono:

You are right in saying that, it is similar, but when dried, hemlock would be ok to use....We used to smoke the stuff.....We would pretend we were cowboys, we stuffed the hollow stems with dried leaves and smoked them, we called them mullerkins, no idea where that name came from. Yes it was disgusting, yes we coughed and yes, I would not recommend it.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE