Cotswolds Outdoor email about lightweight kit.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Never heard of a Cotswolds shop anywhere near me. Defo in a 50 mile radius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 25 miles from Kettering

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/stores?cm_mmc=PPC-_-Cotswold%20Outdoor-UK-B-Exa-Eng-SE-Rest-_-Rest-_-Google&_$ja=cn:Cotswold+Outdoor-UK-B-Exa-Eng-SE-Rest|cgn:SiteLink-neareaststore|tsid:36976|kw:cotswold%20outdoor%20store%20finder|nw:search|crid:28183479412&gclid=CN74toHA9rsCFSKWtAodUTEAsQ

8 miles from Stilton

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/stores?cm_mmc=PPC-_-Cotswold%20Outdoor-UK-B-Exa-Eng-SE-Rest-_-Rest-_-Google&_$ja=cn:Cotswold+Outdoor-UK-B-Exa-Eng-SE-Rest|cgn:SiteLink-neareaststore|tsid:36976|kw:cotswold%20outdoor%20store%20finder|nw:search|crid:28183479412&gclid=CN74toHA9rsCFSKWtAodUTEAsQ

The company advertised a lightweight setup which you don't have to buy and they offer to match any price so its up to the individual really.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Nope, I appreciate the clarification. Of course, forum members already get 15% off at Cotswold. I go to the one in Watford and they are always really helpful without being all in my face. It's a nice way to shop and i'm glad to still see actual outdoors shops that have decent gear I can fondle before I buy.

Just a shame they are one of the most expensive outdoor shops in my area

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Are you able to see into the future ?How do you know how many posts the chap will make ?

Unfortunately my crystal ball broke the other day and To be quite honest I wouldn't fall of my chair in amazement if he did. But as I say it would be cool if we had a decent rep who could point us a good deals and reputable buys that was my point all along!!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Unfortunately my crystal ball broke the other day and To be quite honest I wouldn't fall of my chair in amazement if he did. But as I say it would be cool if we had a decent rep who could point us a good deals and reputable buys that was my point all along!!

For good deals you could look online? They do a price match so no problem there if you can't be bothered to carry out an initial search to find a better deal with which to use your folding paper or plastic card before jumping in and buying off them? How is he not a decent representative of the company?

As for 20% being indicative of the high profit margins they work off? Yep, I would say they often work on a high mark up ratio, just look at the Chinese wholesale internet sites and the wholesale prices they quote but also remember shops like these are not Tesco or Asda, they don't sell a thousand rucksacks a day, a thousand sleeping bags or whatever a day so in order to survive they NEED to have a high mark up on lower volume sales to stay in business.

In this day and age of the smaller retailer/chain going under when trying to compete with the likes of Ebay and Amazon I say good luck to them for the future.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
I prefer small traders. Lived in Powys for a large proportion of my life and grew up with small traders, I suppose I just prefer that. Not having a go at people who buy from larger companies. But it seems I'm getting a barrage of comments for steering away from conglomerate companies. Seems a little odd considering the site and it's general ideals. But hey ho it's an opinion I don't expect people to agree.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE