Cornish Bushcrafters!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Cornish Buscrafters!
60px-Flag_of_Cornwall.svg.png

dydh da,

I was just wondering how many members of BushcraftUK are from down south.. here in (sometimes) sunny Cornwall, or Devon for that matter. You dont have to be "proper cornish" :p just if you live here or visit regularly post here in this thread so I know who my fellow local bushcrafters are.

Take care all,

Ash.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
hi ive just joined here and was browsing seen your post and said hi
i myself live in devon although from manchester ive lived here for the last 3 years and loved all the coast and outdoors here
been doing plenty of bushcraft
anyway hi

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
hoping to venture into cornwall soon again for some senic coast walks with a spot of ruffing it overnight on the coast fire on the beach cooking shellfish etc pratice some coastall bushcraft etc do you happen to know any good long lonly walks in cornwall around the coast empty beaches for the night

this seems a very good site and am thinking about subsribing whats the benifits of this if i did

I'm from Liskeard, 20 miles on the better side of the border :) I spend most of my time on Bodmin moor or Dartmoor.

Walker >> The South West Coast Path is massive, and covers the entire coast from Somerset (I think), right round to Dorset. As for the Cornish part of this, the North coast is far prettier - golden sands, beautiful views and consequently more tourists. The south coast is rather greyer and more shingly, but (especially at this time of the year) less populated.

Liskeard is on the south coast - a few miles from Looe. Looe itself is too busy for the kind of thing you're looking for, but Downderry a bit further on might suffice. It's a really long beach, if you head for the far end of it you're unlikely to see anybody during the day, let alone over night. (Although it is technically a nudist area!) You'd have to be really careful about tides here though 'cos they come right up and you'd be backed up against some loose, slatey cliffs.

Hi All

Just a quick hello from another member in Cornwall

I am based in Falmouth and there should be a few places around the Fal estury for some overnight/cooking on the beach activities.

Cheers

mamos

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
say Nightwalker you got any sapre rooms :D iv been going down cornwall since i was 2 and reeeealy wont to live there,

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
lol, yeah I wish! Ironic that you say that.. me and the mrs are moving out for the first time to our own place at the end of the week :rolleyes: so things are a little hectic for me right now, hence why I havent been on the forums so much lately. I had a beautiful walk down at Tehidy woods like a week or more ago, took loads of photos of many fungi species and have been meaning to post them up here but havent got round to it with all the hussle of moving.

Unfortunatly I wont have any spare rooms. :rolleyes:

Good to hear from fellow Cornish (or Cornwall loving) Bushcrafters!! Maybe when I have got my life a little more stable ie. moved & got a job, we could organise some unoffical Cornish Bushcraft meets or something?

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Howdy hiroo onoda! Welcome to the community. Im also in Newquay, Cornwall, recently moved in near the boating lake. Where exactly around the Newquay area are you? My name is Ashley, im 21 on the 29th of Jan. I couldnt help but notice your profile says your ex-military... if your interested thought I might mention me and a few mates are booked in at Newquay Paintball for my bday on the 20th (Sat) 1pm, so if you want to meet-up and get to know each other at the business end of a gun it could be a cool time :rolleyes: seriously if you want to come your more than welcome to bring a friend or something if you want. Just let me know for certain. Hope you enjoy the forums! :)

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
Hola,
I'm from the Newquay (ish) area....actually indian queens, but close enough. would love to meet up with the rest of the cornish loving contingency. SMARTY is organising something (see seperate thread) so maybe see you there. maybe when gets a bit warmer (don't have winter suit), we could have a beach forage, big fat fire and an evening surf adventure?

fergus77

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2006
Portreath, Cornwall
Hey all, just spied the post and yet another Cornish bushcrafter here, well, sort of cornish. Well not really :lmao: moved from Ireland 5years ago and coldn't seem to leave the place :D From the north coast myself, just ouside of Truro

libertyrebel

May 17, 2006
cornwall
Hi people , just browsing & spotted this thread.
I moved down to Looe from London 2 years ago & love it down here.
I dont get to practice bushcraft as much a I would like to & im sure that goes for most of us.
however , some quality time has been had & more short trips are in the pipeline; weather permitting:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE