Copper for flaking tool

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
For beginners books a copy of 'Coins of england' would be invaluable.2010 edition should be out now.Just drool at some of the prices coins fetch...
Also these books are highly recommended for id'ing all the bits and peices that you will find.http://www.greenlightpublishing.co.uk/

You look like your well kitted out for full scale excavations!Good luck and post pics of your finds!!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers! We have some books on artifacts but so far they are all Roman (showing my bias!) so some general ones like the 'Coins of England' sounds like a damn good idea.

The house is 18th C and the garden is going to need bulldozing before its sorted so I am going to let let go rogue there first.

Now to suck up to the local farmers to get permission to poke about. I'll drill into him proper recording methods as well.

ATB

Tom

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
18th century house?Sounds interesting.You might be lucky and find an old household dump,these can be goldmines for old pottery and bottles.

That link i posted,the books im talking about are called 'detector finds'1-6.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yeah its a weavers shed up in the Rossendale valley, prior to its's listing it had been converted into a fairly standard 4 bedroom house except they never did devide / finish the top floor so it is one big room I took over as my shed come den come family room. There no false ceiling so the kings post trusses are open so its big enough to fly (carefully) small RC plane. Unfortunately the loading bays were walled up on each floor and the exterior wooden stairs are long gone.

Great for projects and the one room finished before we ran out of money!

Hopefully there will be a dump somewhere although they buried the well when the put in a big revetment behind the house. It could be under 5 foot of earth.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE