Cook on the Wild Side

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 22, 2005
whahay.. my first post on this fantastic site !

cook on the wild side is a pretty handy book , but i think there's a lot of celeb about it . you'd do no harm at all by getting ..
richard maybes -food for free (sp) and
rodger phillips - wild food (sp)

saying all that , i'm pretty sure that you'd find all the answers you'd need on this site !

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
ian1 said:
whahay.. my first post on this fantastic site !

cook on the wild side is a pretty handy book , but i think there's a lot of celeb about it . you'd do no harm at all by getting ..
richard maybes -food for free (sp) and
rodger phillips - wild food (sp)

saying all that , i'm pretty sure that you'd find all the answers you'd need on this site !
Welcome Ian,
got the other two, just wanted Hugh to complete the set and I know a load of folks here want copies but can't afford the dosh the original goes for on ebay!
Cheers
David

May 22, 2005
dtalbot - must admit, that was the same reason that i got my copy .
i was a little bit peeved to find out that a section was omitted from the reprint (something to do with woodlouse ! but that do'nt sound right ).
its still a blummin good book to have , but not at the price's on ebay.
can you belive the reprint can go for £30 - 40 !!

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I think what you might be referring to is "fritters of morels and 'wood shrimps'" (p.184), which he made with three young lads on one of the programmes, after he sent them off to gather whatever insects they could find! :D

Ingredients..blah, blah, 2 tablespoons woodlice. He recommends a book, "Why not eat insects" for sale in the gift shop at the National History Museum!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE