Cook Book Fundraiser!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Just a thought!

Something our church did a few years ago to raise money for some building work, was they put together a cook book.

The recipe's were supplied by members of the church and noted locals, so local headmistress that sort of thing.

Anyway just a thought but something BCUK could do, get members to pass on their fave recipe's, may be a little tale of where it comes from, sell it on. The funds could go towards the running of the site and maybe a charity that gets kids outdoors, I'm sure the likes of Toddy could come up with a worthwhile charity!

The cost needn't be high either, when the church put ours together we used the printing facilities of the local school and the style of the book was more ring binder, people still parted with a fiver per book.

Just a thought, plus be glad to help!

Pib

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Good idea Paul. Southern counties radio bought out one that listeners contributed into. Is a damn good little cook book and only cost a fiver. A wild cook book from us lot would be great...
Btw.... is Joddy, Toddy or Jodie or an amalgamation of them both....?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Great idea. If anyone has a recipe they would like to submit to it then post it on here or send it to info@bushcraftuk.com It would be great if people could include pictures to go with the recipes, although I appreciate that's a bit hard sometimes.

pibbleb drop me a PM with your ideas in it and we'll get something put together.

Yes, Outdoor cooking and by wild do we mean in the wild or recipes that use wild foods but can be cooked at home?

ganstey

Settler
Yes, Outdoor cooking and by wild do we mean in the wild or recipes that use wild foods but can be cooked at home?

Please can we have both?

I'm new to this wild cooking malarkey, and I'm really struggling to find recipes that I can cook over a campfire. I can do a fry-up, and a stew/chilli, but what about other stuff? I'm going to have a go at bannocks when I get a chance. The recent 'wild cooking' TV programmes have been good for inspiration, but they tend to take a modern kitchen into the wood. Wild Gourmets was better than most in that respect, but the clips were so short as to be no more than a hint.

I haven't really tried preparing a foraged meal, so some really simple recipes, made from commonly available foodstuffs would be good.

I'm not sure I've got anything that could go in the book (apart from my standard lamb casserole), but I'll definitely buy a copy of the book if/when its available.

G

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Ok Tony, I'll put my thinking hat on and come back to you in a couple of days.

Just a general thought whilst fishing for recipies. One thought was to break it down in sections for example, Bread, game fowl and fish, puddings (very important) and wilderness or foraged!

I don't think recipies should be limited by whether they should be cooked in the wild or not, just follow a theme of wilderness, bushcraft etc.

Now did I seen a thread with squirrel recipies!:rolleyes:

Pib

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE