Contact number for Matt @ UKHammocks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
It'll be on the old forum. Not fun to try to trace.

Sometimes I can google it if I mind a specific word or phrase used by someone on the thread.
I don't mind enough about the thread to help on this one.

Nice65 might :dunno:

M
Cheers anyways, I was just curious :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It'll be on the old forum. Not fun to try to trace.

Sometimes I can google it if I mind a specific word or phrase used by someone on the thread.
I don't mind enough about the thread to help on this one.

Nice65 might :dunno:

M

It was the gentleman PaulM who reluctantly started the thread. I’ll have a look.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Do you have a link to that thread please? A search didnt turn up anything..

It’s really a pain to search the old stuff, maybe admin could look into this?

Here’s part of the thread from a search of Paulm postings. It seems to start at post #21 and I can’t get back to the pages before. Anyway, it’s a start.

EDIT: got there in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh well done :)

I'm sure Matt explained 'how', but for the life of me I can't find that explanation either.

I think I'm going to flag this for Admin to have a looksee when they get a moment.

M

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Oh well done :)

I'm sure Matt explained 'how', but for the life of me I can't find that explanation either.

I think I'm going to flag this for Admin to have a looksee when they get a moment.

M

Matt is Lithril? He’s probably still got a migraine after the change over. :lmao:

Yes, there is a way of doing it, somewhere in the Advanced bit. I remember we sorted it in the end, but it’s certainly not obvious.

The search repeatedly turns up ‘No Results Found’. The search engine is very specific, even dropping a copy/paste of the exact thread name, the poster (Paulm) it still returned no results. The problem is parts of the resource library that BCUK is, aren’t easily accessible. In the end I dropped the exact thread title into Google, opened the result, and finally was able to backtrack to Post#1, save the http and then post it. I’m forum savvy, dog with a bone, and it was hard work.

I’ve got another buggit too, backing the cursor to delete parts of quoted posts. Starts off quick and then goes slow. Should be the other way round so as to be able to obliterate all but what you want to quote quickly. Don’t worry, I’ll live. :lmao:

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Many thanks for sorting that. An interesting thread to say the least.

From what I understand the company has now gone out of business?

Yes, I believe so, some time ago.

Reading my original post again I can't actually believe how restrained I was ! The whole experience was a complete and utter shambles and the feeling that you were being told whatever might keep you quiet for a while longer.

The top quilt went back, well two of them actually as they looked like they had been sewn by a five year old in a darkened room, and were way too short to be of any use.

The underquilt was barely adequate quality and I should really have sent that back too, but by that stage having waited so long I really needed it and sadly kept it. Was never really happy with it, design or execution, and had suspicions that the additional down overfill I'd paid for wasn't there either as it looked pretty thin and patchy and was barely warm enough even compared to my previous snugpak synthetic one.

Now the happy owner of a Warbonnet Wooki underquilt for my Blackbird xlc and couldn't be happier with it, good design, very well made and lovely and warm while still being lightweight and compact, got there in the end ! :)

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE