Contact number for Matt @ UKHammocks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Hey all,

I hope this is okay to post here but I'm not sure what to do. Placed an order in January with an estimated turnaround of 4 weeks, sent an email week 6, got one back week 7 saying delay due to materials and would be further two weeks, now week 10 and tried to send them another email. But getting a "DNS
550 Recipient verify failed" when trying to send. Their phone number on their website doesn't work.

Does anyone have a working contact number they could post/PM me? I'm getting to the point where I just want my money back. Wasted 10 weeks and probably going to have to place an order state side and eat the extra charges.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Best of luck with it. The blokes a charlatan, did you read the thread here about his shoddy business practices?

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Best of luck with it. The blokes a charlatan, did you read the thread here about his shoddy business practices?
I had a **** experience with them. Ordered and paid for a cat flap tarp 29.12.18

Sent a chasing email and got reply back saying fabric came in on 21.1.19 and they'd make it straight away.

2 months later send chase up email to sales and Matt's personal one. No reply.

So the company puts a post on Facebook about what wonderful adventures they organise. I put a comment detailing their treatment of me. Within minutes they'd cancelled my order and deleted my comment. Can't read emails but lightning quick then!

Can't think of the right words to describe how utterly useless they are. Customer service is not in their vocabulary.

They are ****, avoid like the plague

John

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Yeah I have heard mixed reports. My friend has some of their stuff and didn't have any issues so I thought I'd give them a shot.

Best way to get money back? Contact bank? Don't think I've ever been in this situation before.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Hi there, yep just off the phone to the bank. They've sorted it.

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed..

Thanks for the help guys. Now, any recommendations for decent hammock company to throw my money at? :)

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Now, any recommendations for decent hammock company to throw my money at? :)

I would have recommended Tenth Wonder http://www.twhammocks.co.uk/ but they are having problems (one partner has allegedly run off with the funds) I've got a Hornet XL and it's a cracking straight hammock

Then there's Hennessey for asymmetrical hammocks, I got the Expedition on the Christmas offer with a free Scout hammock and other goodies https://hennessyhammock.co.uk/collections/hammocks

A mate has just bought an Easy Hammock with built in insulation and he is well happy with it https://easyhammock.co.uk/

All should be better service than UK Hammocks who suck!

John

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi there, yep just off the phone to the bank. They've sorted it.

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed..

Thanks for the help guys. Now, any recommendations for decent hammock company to throw my money at? :)

Have a look at BigMonsters hammocks, Easyhammock. Built in underquilt solved my insulation problem. I got fed up having a partially inflated sleep mat shift about under me. My UQ adventures didn’t go well when it pinged off in the middle of the night, snapping the mini carabiner and ripping the fabric.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
There is always DDHammocks too, we use the basic one for the scouts and a couple have gone on to buy the bigger and better ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Still gutted over ukhammocks going south. They had some good stuff

When i used them matt was always speedy with replies and he even rushed a couple of things through for me once and everything was top notch and still in used today.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Still gutted over ukhammocks going south. They had some good stuff

I've got top and under quilts from them which I really like but they were bought second hand.

Who own/run it now?

I am truly amazed at their poor level (well zero to be honest) of customer service. it's like they don't want to make any money!

John

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I found DD too narrow. My 2 Frontlines have been passed on to the kids

Agreed, I findf the camping hammock too short and narrow for me. My kids love it.
I went for a Ticket To The Moon double and haven't looked back. DD UQ works with it and it's more comfortable than my bed

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, I've spent a few weeks in my easyhammock and it's lovely... The convenience of just putting it up and getting in without faff is great.

Wildernessoutside

Jun 20, 2020
Stoke on Trent
Just seen this thread and shocked to here all the bad experiences people have had with uk hammocks ,I bought one of ukhammocks edc hammocks for use as storage for my rucksack when hammock camping back in 2017 and can only say that I was very happy with the service ,I think the lead time was 6/7 weeks and it turned up on time and wasn’t a bad hammock at all for 20 quid ,are they still in business as can’t find them on Instagram anymore ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It'll be on the old forum. Not fun to try to trace.

Sometimes I can google it if I mind a specific word or phrase used by someone on the thread.
I don't mind enough about the thread to help on this one.

Nice65 might :dunno:

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE