Conquest Medina MK1 STD Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello everyone,

New to the forum so hello from me.

I'm hoping to get some information on a tent I've just bought. Its a Conquest Medina MK1 STD with a Conquest MK1 Extension.
After pitching the tent (sort of pitched it on the decking), the inner/groundsheet, fly and extension appear to be in very good condition.

My query is, how does the extension ridge pole connect to the main tent section?

IMG_4645_zps31dox62q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_4644_zpsrhcuydpu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There is also another pole but I don't know what this is for.
IMG_4642_zpssedg6oh3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here are a few more pics of the tent for reference.
FullSizeRender_6_zpsmspkzk5o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
FullSizeRender_4_zpsxdxdsabp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
FullSizeRender_3_zps91fcxpt2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
FullSizeRender_1_zpsbtmqv1ir.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
FullSizeRender_zpsaetznefw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Does anyone know the approximate age of this tent? It looks a bit like the old Vango Force 10 tents we used for school camping trips, with the A frame as opposed to the pole either end of the tent. The only difference is that this tent has a nylon inner tent attached to a thick light brown ground sheet. I seem to remember the F10 had a blue or black ground sheet???

Any info would be amazing

Cheers.
Geoff.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
From an old Scouts memory, it is supposed to fit in the manner in your second picture, with the cutaway in the plastic end cap butting against the original ridge pole. Have you tried turning the ridge 180 degrees , the other end may have the hole drilled nearer the end of the pole. Otherwise you might have to take a Dremel or similar and cut away some of the plastic to allow it to fit.

Yeah, I thought as much but didn't want to just start grinding away just in case I was being dumb. Also tried turning the ridge pole around and upside down but it made little difference.
I've marked it off ready for a light filing session later today. I'll report back with the results.

Cheers for the help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE