Common puffballs? or strange alien probes..?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
3,969
46
Britannia!
nFIA05e.jpg
Tc1aT54.jpg


I need to double check as I'm paranoid lol.

So, are these common puffballs? Some were brown and too old so i left them behind but collected some of the nice white ones.
 
Look like wood puffballs to me, I collect and eat them every year. You're right to avoid those turning brown, they should all be white for consumption.
 
Yeah mine are fully white, got a little discoloured during the take home from the little bits all over them and the crud etc.

But these re deffinately edible and I won't die? not even die a little bit?..
 
Yup, stump puffballs.
Latin name Alienus Probus Anus.




Not really.
Well, yes they really are stump puffballs, but that's not really the latin name.
Eat them when they're white.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE