Come on then show us your baby

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
My current fave, mainly cause I made it myself & it's comfortable - theres a longer spearpoint (4mm thick) version in the making ATM too...

3mm 01
African Blackwood

Sheepsfoot_woods.jpg

Sheepsfoot_Sheath.jpg

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Here we go then.

mvc004f6ew.jpg

Lapp Puuko on the left bought off Beachlover just after joining the forum.
And on the right, my Brisa kit made Nordic Knife that taught me a lot about knife-making and is horribly sharp :eek:

ATB

Ogri the trog

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
I have owned only one knife to date.

Bought for me by my father from a shop on Princes street in Edinburgh, when I was 11 yrs old. 30 yrs I have had this friend, and only cut myself once (and that was the first time I went out with it)
I can hear my mothers words now "Don't cut yourself with that knife"...several stiches later....you learn the hard way :rolleyes:

DSCF2323copy.jpg

That is the original sheath (re-stiched a few times). I cannot imagine using anything else. I know it's not upto the exacting standards of todays designs, but if your knives last 30 years, you'll be doing well..!!

Ropeman

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
Aberdeen
Stovie, that's exactly the same as my first fixed blade. Sadly long gone and definitely not the last one I bought.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
OK then... ;)

(Click for full size)

That's my oak handled "New Graduate" by Paul Baker, next to my trusty Opinel No. 8 Inox.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Great knives guys, makes my humble attempts pale in comparison, but hey, they're my babies. both in 01 carbon, mine (the larger) has white ebony scales, the missus's has plum. they're really cofy to use and seem to keep their edges.
knives.jpg

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
theres some cracking knives here guys, those that have made there own should be pleased as punch with themselves, they are all works of art, Now thos with more than 3 should really think about selling one ;) ;) ;)
keep them coming

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
ok the 2 balisong knives were bought long before they banned them, there are never taken out of the house ever, and the flick has been deactivated, and can now only be opened with your fingers, as a lock knife does, i have checked on the BB site and as long as they were bought before ban its ok tohave them in your home,
(cheers outdoorcode)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE