Colrosing knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

reedx

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Durham
www.REEDX.net
In the past I've struggled making the cuts accurately when I've wanted to do some colrosing, whether carefully holding my carving knife by the blade or with some type of craft knife.

I was in my local Clas Ohlson yesterday and spotted something described as a precision knife which looked like it could be just the thing I've been looking for - all for the princely sum of £2.49 which included 10 spare blades.

The picture and description on their website isn't particularly helpful

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Precision-Knife/20-4048

so hopefully these additional ones will be

prec_knife_1.jpg

prec_knife_2.jpg

The tool is the same size as a regular pen but has a solid feel to it because of the metal lower section. The 3mm blade is extended and retracted by the buttons near the top. They're also recessed so you shouldn't be able to extend the blade accidentally. It's a little fiddly to change the blade due to it's small size.

In use it's very controllable and accurate. The only downside is that the cuts are quite fine because of the small thin blade.

Has anyone found anything else suitable?

Colin

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi steve i got one of them of waylaid i think when he did a course at the moot a few yr=ears ago regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE