Colonial Gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I found these 2 sites by chance whilst looking for info on tinder tubes
Both do some good kit if your into the colonial period. Pouches, Baker tents, tomahawks, flint and steels etc. Some good kit at reasonable prices. I havn't ordered anything from them yet but they do say they ship worldwide by UPS. Anyway thought I'd share the info.
I'll be ordering a pouch and some other bits and pieces soon so I'll let you know how the service is

www.norwestcompany.com
www.smoke-fire.com

:p [/url]

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Seem to be quite a few companies like this- obviously much interest in frontier re-enactment etc.

I see you can buy a strike-a-light in the US for £3 to £4 - much as I admire Woodlore I think £15 for a piece of steel is a bit steep. Not exactly mainstream kit, however.

Its often worth ordering from the US - postage is less than you think unless heavy, only takes a couple of weeks, and you sometimes don't get charged tax (esp if order under a certain sum - maybe £18?) or if second hand.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I'm not into frontier re-enactment, but am fascinated by that period. I really enjoy using my 'Strike a lite' with some charcloth and there's something good about having a few items of 'Olde kit' in your outfit. Top of my list is a pouch for my 'Strike a lite' kit and one of those HBCo tinder boxes. I may stretch o one of the tomakawks I mentioned too, for a bit of kindling splitting.
I made a tinder tube today and it works like a dream. I bought a metre of cotton rope from Homebase , and cut a length of copper pipeing about 2" long. I'll post a picture if someone can tell me how too !! :oops: [/list]

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
ChrisKavanaugh said:
The exchange rate is in you lads favour :-(

...for once, but then the current average house price in the UK is £135,000 (~$250,000 US) - for most towns in the UK, that means you get 2 beds, living room, kitchen and bathroom - garden & garage is extra (a lot extra).

This place does some interesting replica clothing & leather goods, I like the look of the leather pouches and stuff...
http://www.jelldragon.com/index.htm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE