Collective google-fu required .......

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Firstly........

May I wish you all a healthy, prosperous and happy New Year. :)

Right then, the collective google - fu of the forum is required.

I'm on a quest to find the smallest production Flipper knife, so far I've only been able to find them with a blade length ( must be plain ) of about 80mm.

Can the collective help ? :)

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Greetings Mark :)

Thanks for the links, I've had a Ken Onion assisted flipper before and although a sub 3 inch blade, I had nightmares about discussing the legality of an ASSISTED flipper to a Bobby on the beat..... I think it would be quite a short conversation !!....

Me......Yeah but ya see....

Bobby.....you're nicked.

so I'm looking for a sub 3 inch, plain edge flipper that can be bought from a UK based site.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Flippers tend to have larger and thicker blades to carry the momentum. Smaller bladed ones are often assisted to solve this. Any reason why you want sub 3" when it's a locker anyway?

jmagee

Forager
Aug 20, 2014
Cumbria
I think i spring loaded blade would raise eye brows with the law. That said at 32 years of age I have never been stopped and frisked by a bobby....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Good point about the length, my thinking is to be sheeple friendly........smallish, non threatening, easy one handed opening.....

Anything that flips open is likely to be perceived as a flick knife by most non knife people. How about a Spyderco Persistance? Quite small, one hand opener, useful blade shape, good price.

https://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-persistence

Kershaw OD1 is a great small flipper, uses a gear to apply the force to flip open. Still looks like a flick knife though, and might be hard to find one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE