collapsible fire grill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arth

Nomad
Sep 27, 2007
west sussex
Had a search and only got a thread about something from woolies.
Does anyone know where I get one like the one RM uses on his programmes. Looked through the tinterweb and had no luck.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Had a search and only got a thread about something from woolies.
Does anyone know where I get one like the one RM uses on his programmes. Looked through the tinterweb and had no luck.

Not the one he had made in Africa? If so he designed it himself and gave the design to a local guy to build for him. So I doubt you'll find one on line!

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
4444.jpg

Grilliput Grilliput Barbecue

The innovative space miracle for purists and people on the move. Grilliput can be reduced to a handy size for transporting and will ensure a really great barbecue. Simply set it up and everyone will be fascinated.

Length: 29 cm Diameter: 2.2 cm Weight: 560 g Barbecue area: 23 cm x 26 cm Material: stainless steel
I have a Grilliput, like the one above. Bought mine form Ebay USA and saved money over buying one already in the country!

HTH

Simon

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Got one of the above in a Blacks outdoor store. Very neat and space saving but heavy.
I also have a tray from a domestic Cooker which is great and O.K. if you are using your car to transport things or are just mucking about in the back yard

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I went to a small local engineering firm and found one of the guys there was happy to knock me up one to my design for £20
2 foot long but splits in the middle making each part 1ft sq, one has bars the other has mesh, with small vertical tube welded onto each corner, 4 rods with 2 L shaped legs welded to them which enables the L bits to fit into the vertical tubes, but it does have weight and I would not like to lug it about, much better for base/static camp.

An alternative to this would be 4 or 5 U shaped rods in say 1/4" rod with ends sharpened, turn them upside down and drive into ground, spaced about 2 or 3 inches apart, drive points in about 2" and it is stable enough for a kettle or pot no problem, more portable and easy to use.

gilly0802

Tenderfoot
have you though about modifying the grill from an old cooker/other source and adding legs onto it?

with a little ingenuity it's suprising how well some things work, one example i have seen is of a crusader cup been held above a hexi block using three 4 inch nails pushed into the ground...

Arth

Nomad
Sep 27, 2007
west sussex
I've sussed it! I have a old wheel from my mondeo which we now use as a fire pit and we use a oven on top. Cooks burgers and boils the kettle safely. It's not travel friendly but it stays in the woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE