cold today...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ciggy and a brew under a tree in the garden is the best I get.... just did that and its better than watching the drivel that is on the telly :)

Always been jealous of those films where you see the American houses with the big porches at the front... can just imagine sitting in a nice rocking chair having a smoke, drinking my brew and watching the world go by.... I think I might have just envisaged my perfect retirement plan!

My old favourite morning routine was when I lived in Crail. I lived right on the front and had to clean the salt off of my front windows after a blowy day.
Used to sit on the rocks with the water lapping at my feet with a coffee looking at the id floats of my creels that I could wade out to at low tide. Very relaxing; the smell of the salt, the gentle breeze, fresh brewed cup of Joe and the prospect of fresh caught lobster for tea that night. Didn't really get much better for me.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Warm this morning. I've been collecting leaves most of this week, took on a new contract(manor house so big lawns) where the grass hasn't been cut since September & its covered in leaves, Friday I had a pile 3ft high 6ft wide & 30ft long, that is after moving 15 one tonne bags of leaves, I'm hoping that when I go back the wind will of been my friend & "disbursed" them, as I'm struggling with what to do with them all, will probably try shredding them for compost.

Rob

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
My old favourite morning routine was when I lived in Crail. I lived right on the front and had to clean the salt off of my front windows after a blowy day.
Used to sit on the rocks with the water lapping at my feet with a coffee looking at the id floats of my creels that I could wade out to at low tide. Very relaxing; the smell of the salt, the gentle breeze, fresh brewed cup of Joe and the prospect of fresh caught lobster for tea that night. Didn't really get much better for me.

There's a lot to be said for a rainy day at the beach. watching from under a cabana roof. Desert rain can be just as rewarding.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Not quite cold enough to put on the bison bushcraft rousers, stick with the fjallraven baents , for the wet. Wellys oh yes. No paths, just rivers where they were. and the swazi tahr. snug bug rug

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Very big temp drop friday in Bradford, mild since saturday. In a t shirt netween showers at the allotment this pm.
weird weather.

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
It took a while, but at last! freezing by midnight supposedly, it sure is pretty nippy now :) Bought a nice double breasted overcoat a few months back and havn't had a chance to wear it :)

Duoble edged sword. I have no insulation or heating and my window doesn't close properly, so a draft over my headboard. It's going to be a cold nights sleep! Not sure if the 3 tog is going to be enough this winter.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Snowing at about 6am here in Surrey. Sunny and windy by about 1pm. Winter jacket and gloves when out on my KTM today. Vents closed on my crash helmet too :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
PAH! Wussies! -22c here in Jokkmokk at 8pm..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-20-20-33-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-20-20-33-55.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 81

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Inside your house. I assume you don't live in your tent. (just poking a hole in your comment :p bet none of you wussies lie in bed and watch your breath :D )

Yup no heating here either.

When I lived in a van while doing research used wake up with my beard all iced up. Had to take a blow lamp to the gas cylinder in the morning to get the stove to light.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
I'll see your Jokkmukk, and raise you with Tromso (70 N) in January, out all night taking photos of the aurora :)

Still, it was nice in the hotel, and the flasks of hot chocolate were nice to take with us too, heh heh....

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I'll see your Jokkmukk, and raise you with Tromso (70 N) in January, out all night taking photos of the aurora :)

Still, it was nice in the hotel, and the flasks of hot chocolate were nice to take with us too, heh heh....

It is a very, very slim chanse you will ever get -22 degrees Celsius in Tromsø.
Coldest temp ever recorded is -18.4 degrees Celsius.

I know, I`m a nitpick.

And it is currently about 5 degrees and rain in my part of the world.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE