Cocktails anyone?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Excellent post Santaman. Drink and the armed forces have a long history 'round the world. Especially the navy chaps it seems. I know your Navy had a heck of a job with drink as it was "dry" long afore ours here in the UK. They had to resort to all sorts of tricks to make things like the alcohol that powered torpedos undrinkable into an ingenuity race between the men and the service. In ours theres legend that the phrase "Tapping The Admiral" harks back to the sailors using tubes of macaroni and the likes to tap off alcohol from the barrel that contained Lord Nelsons body where he was being preserved on the journey back from his death/victory at Trafalgar.
Funny your aviator being a champange man. Early Alpine climbers in Europre favoured the that tipple; often bolstered with a slug of spirits as the drink of choice at altitude. (And a slice of cake). Seems height and champange go together.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Vodka Martini ,the James Bond Vodka Martini, ((not the VESPER)) the one with the extra Gin, I particularly liked the olive stuffed with anchovy, five was to much.
3 Measures - Gordon's or Tanqueray gin.
1 Measure Vodka Russian or Polish.
1 Measure Dry Martini.
Stuffed Olive.

Another Champagne cocktail, this one invented by Ernest Hemingway CATION the severity of the resulting hangover is up there with the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, one poor victim resorted to using his Revolver, hence the name Death in the afternoon.
Champagne & Absinthe

Getting into the serous stuff now.

The legendary "Zombie" by Donn Beach
1 part White Rum
1 Part Golden Rum
1 Part Dark Rum
1 Part Apricot Brandy
1 Part Pineapple Juice
1 half Part 151 proof rum
1 Part lime Juice

Moonshine I've had a look round for a good one, but haven't found any that gets a good review, certainly nuttin Popcorn Willie (RIP) would have called Shine.

Brasso & Meths, just kidding, "Dark and Stormy" for me, Gosling's all round, Rum and Ginger.

Two others I have yet to try and another Grog with a bit of Navy and Pirate history of mixing Rum and Black powder.

The Gun Cotton Cocktail
20ml Smoke & Oakhum Gunpowder Rum.
20ml Pineapple juice,
20ml lemon juice,
10ml Raspberry syrup

The Jack Tar
1oz S & O's Gunpowder Rum
12 oz Campari
12 oz dry curacao/triple sec (optional)
San Pellegrino Chinotto ( orange )
Orange wedge, for garnish.

JAR, I likes rum I do,:pirate:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE