Waxing A Canvas Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey guys! I'm sharing this video because I'd like to know if anyone here thinks this process would work well for waxing a large canvas tarp. It seems like it would be a very fast and effective way to wax your own tarp.

[video=youtube;GjakZvAmhQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjakZvAmhQo&list=PLZLagqylZ3j7xNwqZkrtfrrf tmMEsm_fC&index=61[/video]

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
If you have a swimming pool you can heat to ~40C then i suppose it could work, although i can think of a few things which might go wrong; water getting trapped in the canvas, half a ton of soaking canvas pulling you into very hot water, uneven coverage, excessive coverage, and unhappy bank manager from the amount of wax (and electric for heating the pool) you'd have to buy

Overall doesnt seem like a great idea tbh

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I doubt it. Waxes melt at approx 60C, and float on hot water.
I can't see how you could apply an even coating to canvas of any size with this.
An even coating, thin enough to do the job, without adding a lot of excess weight.

Paint on the melted wax and remelt it to iron it in? Gonna be a heavyweight.

What is this canvas tarp expected to do in service?
I ask as I'd buy a plastic/fiberglas tarp in olive green (not blue or orange!) and throw a bunch of branches and crud on it to break up the shape.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
There's always a bar of wax and a hairdryer. Will take a while and depend on your skill to get it evenly rubbed on and melted in. :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE