APALS - All Purpose Light Strips

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
More of a group split than group buy as I cant guarantee any discount , but as a pack of 10 is a too many for me I'd be happy to order , then repost for equal costs.

So anyone interested in getting one or more of these for themselves?

Obviously there is a colour Choice to discuss but if we could get units of 10's I could mix and match.

[video=youtube;AzBXeqFvbrk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzBXeqFvbrk[/video]

[video=youtube;qIsxbiKT_Ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsxbiKT_Ow[/video]

http://www.pri-international.co.uk/apals-en.html

Probably work out £3.00 per Individual unit sent ,less if you have more than One.

These seem to be far cheaper in the States - I'd happily love anyone here stateside to get into contact if they would be willing to post USA To UK.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Decent Run life from this vid.

[video=youtube;5zhNkxnKFlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zhNkxnKFlQ[/video]

These may be useful for those of us that are humble enough to realise we may need to assist in self rescue at some point.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
IIRC there's videos out there showing people replacing the battery too. Just matter of slicing open the wrapping, though obviously lose the waterproofness.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'd be up for a few. Prefer amber, red, or white. Or a mix. I'd take 5 or 6.

If they did a mixed 10 pack I'd be all over it, but sadly not.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'd be up for a few. Prefer amber, red, or white. Or a mix. I'd take 5 or 6.

If they did a mixed 10 pack I'd be all over it, but sadly not.

Nice , you still in the TA? Could you have an ask around - I could get a larger order in then and mix'n'match a little.

Maybe.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Those APAL Air list a runtime of over 200 hours and a visible distance of 1 mile. The APALS I looked at (10 box) list 80+hrs and visibility of up to half mile.

I wonder if the Air is new and improved?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Those APAL Air list a runtime of over 200 hours and a visible distance of 1 mile. The APALS I looked at (10 box) list 80+hrs and visibility of up to half mile.

I wonder if the Air is new and improved?

Hi.

Yes I think they have. I asked the same question on a BCUSA thread and the OP confirmed it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
More expensive too. For my needs, I'd be ok with the originals just to try out the product. I don't think they'd be great for my initial idea of tent or under tarp lighting due to the very bright, unshielded led as they are. But put into one of the opaque 35mm film cans might make a nice lantern. I see potential uses. :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Any one else interested?? Good little bit of self rescue kit at silly low prices. If you carry a whistle then one of these would be a useful addition.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
ORDER LIST ( WILL BE CONFIRMED VIA P.M )

1 ) Cumbrian - white
2 ) Cumbrian - white
3) Cumbrian - white
4) Cumbrian - red
5) Cumbrian - red
6) Cumbrian - red
7 ) Nice65
8 ) Nice65
9 ) Nice65
10 ) Nice65
11 ) Nice65
12 ) Nice65
13 ) PhillipB
14 ) PhillipB
15 ) PhillipB

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Are you just thinking about getting the white ones, or some other colours too?

Cheers,

Hi ,
I think I will need to confirm once I see what numbers we are up to. currently its not a lot so I may buy some Ten packs myself in each colour and hold on and sell the spares in slow time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE