Coast 2 Coast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
Anyone on here have any info or have actually done the apparently famous Coast 2 Coast trek?

Apparently this was set out years ago by a guy called Wainright or something like that. I've found a few logs of people that have done it through google searches, but not much else.

I'm looking into doing it next April and want to start planning now. Any recommendations on kit, route, maps, etc. would be appreciated.

It will be my first serious trek, never done more than about 4-5 days before and am hoping to raise some money for a childrens charity in the process :)

Cheers
Geoff

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I did it about 10 years ago with a friend. Absolutely brilliant fun. Just Google for information or look in the book section of any outdoors shop and you should find something useful. There are two OS maps specifically covering the walk.

I wasn't camping when I did it, so went pretty light, with everything I needed for the 12 days in a day-sack. As with any longish walk, make sure you look after your feet - get good socks and boots.

Dennis Mapletoft

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2005
MELTON MOWBRAY / Leics
i haven't got the site addy but Lonely planet did a bit on it several years ago, Ian Write presented it if i remember right right right :) .. i think it would be more fun to find your own route, bit of nav practice... yours Den

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I did it about 8 years ago well worth the effort am considering the hadrians wall walk now as i've always wanted to do it even when there was no path

James

Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
Sounds encouraging. I shall look forward to it!

Yeah, I did find that link for www.coast2coast.co.uk on google, but never looked closely enough at it, just saw on initial glance that it looked a bit commercial and set up for people wanting to make use of their sherpa van service so I didn't look any further, but going back to it now, it has a number of decent sections and some good general info. It also has its own bookshop where you can get a few relevant books, one of which I will choose.

Cool. Better start making my kit list, my feet are starting to itch already ;)

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE