Close to Chester? (north wales?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

towim

Dec 5, 2007
West Wales
I have just joined but have been reading this site for a while.

Cant seem to find much on North Wales, So I am just curious if anyone knows ofany safe woodland areas I could try setting up my hammock / tarp. I am not really looking at staying over but maybe in the summer It would be nice.

Any Help would be great.

Matt.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Hi Towim,

run a search for "Wrexham" which will show up one possible. As for others (ie colwyn bay, etc) I'm not sure.

Chris

Fire Starter

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2005
England
Delamere Forest is quite big but you might get yourself arrested if you start lighting fires in there. Like I said though it's quite big.:)

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
hi towin, don't know how i missed your post when you wrote it, but anyway welcome to the site :) , as already mentioned there is a meet at delamere that is becoming quite regular, thanks to the great efforts of goose, you have recently missed another great weekend at middlewood,(do a search) thanks again to matt for organising that one, and this site looks great near llangollen http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24495&highlight=llangollen, i have not yet attended this one, but hope to next year, just keep checking the forum, there is always something going on, or if you find somewhere in the meentime, give us a shout, alan.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
hi towin, don't know how i missed your post when you wrote it, but anyway welcome to the site :) , as already mentioned there is a meet at delamere that is becoming quite regular, thanks to the great efforts of goose, you have recently missed another great weekend at middlewood,(do a search) thanks again to matt for organising that one, and this site looks great near llangollen http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24495&highlight=llangollen, i have not yet attended this one, but hope to next year, just keep checking the forum, there is always something going on, or if you find somewhere in the meentime, give us a shout, alan.

Hello and welcome to BCUK Matt,

I've been down to the Llangollen site with lightfoot and it is a cracking bit of woodland. Maybe it's best to PM lightfoot and find out if there are any meets planned. Hopefully there will be a North West meet soon enough :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE