Clipper kydex

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
This is an idea i have been working on for a while, i want to make a versatile sheath system for the Frosts knives - first version is for the "clipper".
DSC01792.jpg

I started with a sheath body that will accept the various clipper models, so one sheath will let you carry say an 840-MG carbon blade for playing in the woods, an 860 stainless for the shore or cleaning game or an 861 partially serrated stainless for heading out in a boat etc. etc.
DSC01793.jpg

The sheath body is riveted together so that it can be used on it's own as a pocket / pack sheath or attached to something with screws, (like a tackle box, seat in a canoe / boat etc. etc.).
DSC01757.jpg

A firesteel holder can be added
DSC01758.jpg

Neck carried with or without the firesteel holder
DSC01760.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

A vertical carry belt loop that will accommodate up to a 40mm wide belt.
DSC01788.jpg

A horizontal carry belt loop that will accommodate a 40mm wide belt.
DSC01761.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01774.jpg

A strap loop that can be used to attach the sheath to a 25mm pack strap
DSC01766.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01771.jpg

The 25mm strap loop will also accept a MALICE clip making the sheath compatible with MOLLE webbing
DSC01790.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

The sheath is also compatible with a small TekLok
DSC01789.jpg

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
That's genius! Simple, well thought out, very functional - looks like a great one for the Clipper lovers :D

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I will be making some soon, this is just the first time i have got around to sorting out some pics.

Native Justice

Forager
Apr 8, 2008
Littleton, CO USA
That my friend is called a concept sheath. With all kinds of options and modular additions, you can make that knife do what ever you need it to without changing the knife to suit conditions. Nicely done, excellent work. Too bad you're not closer to the states, lol.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I am normally not a fan of Kydex, but I can only say that that is one of the best thought through and most flexible systems I have ever seen.

Genius.

I'm up for at least one!

Red

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
I think a sheath such as this would make the clipper at least twice as loved by owners. The standard sheath is 'ok', but only if you have fairly limited expectations.

I tried making some kydex sheaths a while ago, and made a lovely blade cover for one of my japanese kitchen knives, but failed miserably to make anything useful for a Chris Reeve Mk4 that I had at the time.

The right sheath really can make or break a knife's popularity.

If these go into production, I'd buy a couple (even if the cost was around the price of the knife - craftsmanship should be rewarded).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE