Cleaver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Hi guys,
A bit of a long shot here, at last years wilderness gathering i saw someone wandering back to there camp having bought a small(ish) cleaver for food prep,
i had a look around the stalls and saw no more, then promptly forgot all about it!.
Having remembered the other day i have had a look around the web for one but with no luck, from memory it appeared to have about a 6" blade that looked forged with a simple wooden handle. Does anyone have any ideas, links or free gifts?.
many thanks
louis

Dec 19, 2004
Stockport
it sounds like the type of cleaver I bought from a chinese supermarket, The blade is about 2 inches wide and 6 inches long. Excellent for food prep!!

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i got a suitably burly cleaver from ikea :eek: it might not sound particularly bushcafty at first. but imagine a billhook with a couple of inches lopped off the front. it works a treat for all sorts of applications. chopping, splitting, limbing, batonning and preliminary wood shaping when carving. :cool: sadly the handle is a bit lame, and needs beefing up a bit. :rolleyes: but they're relatively cheap, small and easy to fit in a day sack.

you can get cleavers that are barely any thicker than your average kitchen knife. ok for food, but not robust enough for woodwork.

or you could pick up the ultimate bush cleaver
BrownBearCombo.jpg

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE