Clearbrook Water Filters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
Just a request for any feedback on the Clearbrook line of portable water filters as I have heard that these are the best of their type on the market. Any thoughts or points welcome.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
TBH ive never heard of them, i have a filter (waterbag) from Drinksafe-systems uk
i know i can use it wherever i am and drink it immediately with no boiling or chemical taste.
Currently issued to the military under a different guise!!!!

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
As far as im aware(i could be wrong) they are the only filters that dont need chemical treatment or boiling after filtering.
Some other filters do have iodine etc in them but tend to leave the taste in the water.
The drinksafe bag is just like bottled mineral water.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've used Ckearbrook filters- they are okay , but nothing special, certainly not "the best of their type" on the market (you can see a picture of one in "The Science of Water" article).

There are some complete treatments for all organisms out now - the Lifesaver water bottles are amongst the best.

Lifesaver water filter by British Red, on Flickr

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE