Christmas Fayre!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Pre brekkie
anti stress of opening presents hot toddy

Brekkie:
Smoked Haddock poached in milk with eggs, home made bread, glass of Champagne (this breakfast has become tradition for us over the last 30 years)

Lunch
Crab and Lobster salad with lemon and tarragon dressing
Turkey and the usual accompaniments with a nice Turkey stock/white wine gravy
Home made apple and rum/sultana pie with home made custard
Champagne, port, brandy

Just got back from Tesco, fresh organic Turkey's are only £30:eek: , so I'm very happy I picked up an old fashioned frozen one for about a tenner from Iceland stores last week. I'm not a fan of Turkey to be honest, if it was up to me I'd cook a nice leg of Lamb

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Sorry but we changed plan and went with a current trend and have an organic turkey crown, a 3 week matured beef roast and an apple smoked dry cured gammon joint.

*cough* Sainsburys *Cough*

It's all that Olivers fault I tell thee!

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Amongst other things, a Turkey stuffed with boned rolled pheasant, and this

DSCF6547copy.jpg

Saddleback ham, cured with home-made cider, mustard, honey and juniper berries, smoked for 12 hours over oak chips...

All I have to do now is cook it...

Merry Christmas one and all

Ohh Lord, that Ham does look fantastic. Mine will be a typical Irish Christmas. Guinness soup followed byTurkey in Guinness gravey, Spuds boiled in Guinness, followed by Baileys cheese cake, all washed down by gallons of Guinness from the Guinness fountain in the living room. This year, all the leprechans and fairies are coming to my house and there will be much music and dancing, telling of tall tales and of course will will round off the day with the traditional brawl at the end.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Xmas day - standard Turkey dinner -
BUT
at the staff do last week I had an all organic feast -
Goats cheese grilled, with orange and cranberry sauce and multi seed toast
followed by
Pot Roast Venison with red wine gravy and Sprouts with chesnuts, red cabbage withpine kernels, celeriac mash and appllesauce with cremefraiche
followed by
Vanilla icecream with home made praline topping
coffee
all for £15.00! and good portions too......
It ain't that my wife is not a good and adventurous cook, but my aged Auntie (who used to be a B&B landlady) is with us and is not used to some of the more adventurous meals....when we were at her place one Xmas there was not even cranberry sauce with the turkey as it is a bit wasteful and not worth the bother.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE