chop well?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Some video for you from our spoon carving weekend at Chopwell Wood here (There's also some images in another thread) It was a lot of fun and the whole family had a great time. If you're up in the North East I can highly recommend Chopwell as a bushcraft location, it's a beautiful place and they are a great gang.
Enjoy!
Nicola

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh what a belter!
that was the weekend in 3 and a bit minutes, we were either deep in concentration, tittering at something or howling!

To be honest, this is what the team is like most of the time:rolleyes: we try to behave when "on duty" but we do slip sometimes;)

Oh and Nicola remembered the bit I forgot:eek:
Thanks to Friends of Chopwell Wood for funding the training course!
It really was priceless.

Many thanks Nicola.
best wishes
Steve

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
That is excellent Nicola. Thanks so much for doing it so quickly.

Can I just make a small comment here though. Chopwell IS a great place for bushcrafting, but only on official bushcraft events organised through the Friends of Chopwell Wood. I only mention it in case anyone misunderstood and turned up unannounced to do their own thing. Only official bushcraft events can be undertaken and fires and camping are NOT allowed anywhere in the wood otherwise.

Anyone wanting other information about the woods or it's uses, please either PM me or Steve AKA Rancid Badger for info.

It's a superb video Nicola. I didn't know I sounded like that though. It was like looking at and listening to my own grandad (I've just gone into shock).

Eric

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I forgot to say how pleased they all were with Eric teaching them fire lighting with flint and steel. Robin lit the log burner in the front room last night that way and was a very happy boy ... it's Ollie's turn tonight!!
Nicola

P

psycho981

great vid I really enjoyed the weekend.
and may I just add that I still have a full compliment of fingers on both hands lol:dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE