chocolate bannanas quick and easy

Nov 7, 2008
U.K
right guys was out in the local woods elier today and tryed out a recipe robbed from Mr Mears anyways you will need for a decent sized snack:

2 bannanas
1x sachet of chocolate powder
1x small bottle of whiskey like the kind you get on an aircraft "OR"
a small tub of choclate spread

first off cut open one side of the bannana and fill it with the chocolate powder then and a dram of the whiskey unti it resembles a thick paste place on a grill and sear over an open fire for 5-8 mins,the skin acts as a kind of tinfoil to protect the bannana or as i did over my hexi burner altho it was still cool in places it worked fine and tasted great

ill try it again tomorrow and post pictures if i can

regards,jordan

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Tinned carmel is good one as well.

Grilled chocy bananas is the only reason my kids come camping. I try to buy the bananas from the local shop to where we are camped. Banana puree in a pack isn't very nice.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Sugar will do as a 'filling' too, it caramelises. You can just put them on the embers too, without the tinfoil. I did some one nigh for some friends when I was in Sri Lanka, they loved them! Mind you they do have a lot of different types of very good bananas...

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
My Mum recommends putting a Cadburys Flake in the banana before baking it. I have never got round to trying it but it sounds delicious. Mind you chocolate whiskey bananas sound pretty tempting too :D .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE