Chimp Burial

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
makes you seriously wonder how chimps can suddenly turn on their long time keepers.
I remember listeing to a 911 call a while back of a women going ape sh*t at the operator as her sister was being mutiliated in the background by one of the chimps she had looked after for decades.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
This seems like anthropomorphism to me. The chimps just look curious and apprehensive.

I have such a gripe with anthropomorphism!! Its like we assume all emotion and connection was gifted to us when we became homo sapiens and stamp with out trademark "human". We evolved and emotions are a basic part of the brain. Chimpanzees are our closest relatives and their social lives are as complex as ours , there is no reason to assume they are unable to comprehend that the chimp is dead nor that they feel sadness at this understanding.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
makes you seriously wonder how chimps can suddenly turn on their long time keepers.
I remember listeing to a 911 call a while back of a women going ape sh*t at the operator as her sister was being mutiliated in the background by one of the chimps she had looked after for decades.

well humans do it all the time so why not chimps?;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE