Chicken crossing the road

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just saw this posted by a friend on facebook and wondered if I was the only person never to fully get the joke? :eek:

If so should I be dragged out and shot? :confused:

I have never really thought about it other than the obvious. :rolleyes:

I have edited this to remove bad language as this is a family forum :D so hence the gaps.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Pandabean : :AR15firin

I dont know why but when I read this thread I couldnt stop laughing. I knew the full meaning aswell but I remember the day I figured it out after years of hearing it :banghead:

Craig

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I had this e-mailed to me.

Why did the chicken cross the road?
Earlier that morning the farmers daughter had inadvertently left the gate to the yard open as she was preoccupied by her worry over a maths test set for that day. She hadn't studied for the test as she was still deeply distressed over her fathers recent heart attack. This, coupled with the added burden of household chores now delegated to her because her mother was out trying to get the west field prepared for sowing, had made her quite forgetful and distracted of late.

Whilst several chickens escaped, only one strayed so far that it actually encountered the road facing the farm. After crossing the road and gorging itself in a soybean crop, the chicken was struck by a furniture removers van as it attempted to make its way home.

Several hours later the dead chicken was spotted by a Community Mental Health Worker who was doing his bi-weekly rural clinic run. The chicken, being a bantam caught the eye of the Mental Health worker, who was a keen trout fisherman.
"Cool" thought the mental health worker- "those feathers will make for excellent trout flies". He stopped and plucked a handful of the most iridescent blue, green and orange feathers and placed them in an envelope. He rolled himself a cigarette, sat on the trunk of his car and admired the clouds. "God, I love this job", he muttered to no one in particular.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE