Check out your local charity shops

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Thats great and the excuse for SWMBO "I saw it in a charity shop for £2.50 and just had to have it" she might not belive you but hey somone did buy it at that price:D

James

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Stickie said:
Just seen a mint condition Berghaus Munro 35L pack sold for £2.50 from my local Scope shop! Bought it off the purchaser for an extra tenner before they had a chance to leave the shop. Wanted one for ages - so now very chuffed though I've still got to think up an adequate excuse to SWMBO.

Good buy. Now whats it worth to keep quiet about it.

You have better charitry shops up your way. here would have cost more than new.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
my charity shop experience have been much the same as my car boot ones.. it seems people do get some great bargins.. but for some reason the moment i step foot in the door everything turns to junk that no one would pay for.. must just me be :lmao:

anyway.. nice buy stickie!! :cool:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I was out for a walk last weekend with a fellow member here. When I went to pick him up he drew my attention to his wife's charity shop find. A nearly new (it would have passed as) Paramo Alta jacket (small/womens) that had been purchased for £9.50!!! :yikes:
The local shop is a big stockist, so lots of people around here have them. Still, £200 down to less than £10 is pretty good going! Like Tomtom says though, they never have that sort of thign when I am passing! :rolleyes:

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I was perusing the retro stalls in Camden Market (in that London) last Sunday and spotted OG German Army goretex jackets at £20 and strides for £15. Not bad me thinks. Picked up a DPM gore jacket there last year for £8....

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
When out in Oz a couple of years ago the couple we were traveling with picked up a pair for thermarest's for about $15, one was punctured and they got given the other one because the lady in the shop didnt know if it worked or not. Turned out Ok and they are now traveling in New Zeland.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Although this is a little off topic, Charity Stores are amazing. At one in Nanaimo here, I bought a mint-condition Harris Tweed sport coat and a pair of Dr. Martens black oxfords. The Doc's were brand new, never worn, and still sitting in the box. How much? $12.00 dollars! In one of Nanaimo's shopping malls, Dr. Martens routinely sell for $150 dollars.

And the Harris Tweed? It's very dashing! :lmao:

Cheers guys, and don't shoot me for spoiling this thread.

Adam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE